Chapter 5: Possible Problems

"Do we have the purple lilac flowers?" Princess Daisy asked, reading the ingredients of the spell to visit Wonderland.

"We have the purple lilac flowers, the white wool, the red ruby necklace, a pinch of salt, and five rose petals! Ready?" Princess Madison replied.

"Er- well.... I forgot to tell you one." Princess Daisy looked at the list.

Princess Madison and Lord Winston each raised one eyebrow.

Princess Daisy pulled out a sewing needle. "Both of you need to prick your finger over a cup, and wait until one drop of blood falls into the it."

"Alright, I will go first," Winston walked toward the oldest princess.

Just then, Princess Madison's magic globe sitting on dressing table began ringing. Both princesses drew a deep breath. "He can't see any of this, or Winston!" Princess Daisy said shrilly.

"Quick, hide!" Princess Madison pushed Winston into the water closet, and closed the door. Daisy was shoving the spellbook and ingredients under the bed, sitting in front of them.

Madison picked up the globe, and swiped her hand

over it. "King Vermeer, your majesty! I'm so sorry I didn't answer right away, I was in another room."

"Ugh, you're forgiven. Are you and Daisy coming to visit and dance tonight?" King Vermeer sneered.

Princess Madison looked towards Daisy. "Actually, your majesty," Daisy cut in. "Our father has scheduled a feast with, er- King Harper, who lives just east of here. Sorry, King Vermeer, very sorry, sire." Daisy curtsied, and sat back down.

The King Vermeer arched his eyebrows. "Oh, I see," Madison couldn't tell if he believed Daisy's lie or not. "Well, you will just have to dance twice as hard than usual. Goodbye, princesses. Have the most wonderful evening." The call ended. The king never ever wished them a good day. Especially mentioning 'wonderful'. Did he mean Wonderland?

"Did he see through us? Does he know we're trying to go to Wonderland?" Princess Daisy seemed worried.

"I don't know," Madison replied, still holding and facing the globe. "All I do know, is that we need to hurry on with this spell!"