Chapter 16: Plans

"Wait, so you're saying," Princess Daisy had just heard the escape plan from Vermeer. "We just ask to use the watercloset and instead we go with Branton and Winston and we finally leave?"

"Yes," Madison answered. She had questioned the plan itself as well, but she supposed it would work..... Hopefully.

"Alright," Madison continued. "Dinner is in two hours, and dancing in three. Branton, you should hide somewhere in Daisy's bedchamber, and Winston can hide in mine."

"That will work," Prince Branton said, looking over Daisy's bedchamber. He walked over to the bed, and slid under. "I think this will be the best place to hide."

"Winston," Branton continued. "You should hide under Madison's bed. It's quite big under here."

Winston nodded. "I'll take you there in just a second," Madison said, grabbing Winston's hand. "Do you want any food? It's not the best food but...." She continued.

"I think we'll be alright, thank you, Madison." Branton answered. She looked over towards Winston. "Let's go. Use your invisibility spell." Once Winston had turned invisible, Madison led him to her bedchamber, where he hid under the bed until dinner.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Princess Madison changed into a purple dinner gown with silver lace on the collar and cuffs of the sleeves. Prince Salem escorted her to dinner hall. King Vermeer sat at the head of the table in a black throne.

Everyone bowed or curtsied to the king when he stood up. "Welcome," King Vermeer's cold voice cut through the air. "Please, have a seat." Salem helped Madison to sit down, and Branton helped Daisy. The evil princes took a seat across the table from the princesses.

The dinner was not very appetizing. A gray blob was served in front of Madison's plate. A brown piece of bread was set beside it. She gave the dinner an uneasy look, then stuck her fork in the gray blob. She tasted a little bit of it, and almost threw up. Whatever this was, it was disgusting!

Madison decided she had better eat something, so she tried the bread. This didn't taste any better than the gray blob, but she ate it anyway.

After everyone had eaten what they wanted, Salem and Branton grabbed their assigned princess' hand. And led them to the ballroom.

The King Vermeer entered through a different door, and everyone bowed and curtsied again. Madison didn't even try to graceful towards the king. Once she came out of her curtsy position, she snarled up at Vermeer sitting on his throne. He only smiled at her, with pointed canines.

Madison was led into the dance by Salem. She tried to move closer to Daisy, but Salem keep making her dance towards the opposite side Daisy and Bates were on.

Once the third dance ended, she pulled away from Salem. "Where do you think you're going?" Salem asked.

"I need to speak with my sister. Go pout if you need to, Salem." Was Madison's answer, weaving through the crowd of dancing courtiers. When she reached Bates, Madison tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around, with a surprised look. "You are supposed to dance with Salem," he snarled at her. "I need to talk with Daisy, now." Madison snarled back.

Bates let go of Daisy, and walked to the refreshment table. "Make it fast, Madison." He said.

"When should we go?" Madison asked Daisy once they were alone.

"Is now too early?" Daisy looked concerned. "I just don't want them to have to wait so long," she gave a worried look in the exit's direction.

Madison looked up at the black throne, where King Vermeer sat, watching her suspiciously.

"I think we should go ask," Madison said, leading Daisy towards the dias.

But, Daisy pulled away. "What if he sees through us? Remember the last time we lied to him?" Tears stung Daisy's eyes.

"He won't. Now, come on! We're wasting time." Madison grabbed her sister's hand again.

When the princesses reached the dias, King Vermeer smiled at them, wickedly. "What is the matter, my dear girls?"

"Can Daisy and I use the water closet, your majesty?" Madison lied.

King Vermeer folded his hands neatly on his lap. "Yes," he said. "You may go. But, be back soon. I do love seeing you dance."

With that, Madison and Daisy headed out the ballroom door, ran up the stairs, and went into their bedchambers. So far so good.