Chapter 14: Princess Hope

Princess Madison stood in her bedchamber, fusing with her brown hair in the mirror. She was worried, and stressed. Was Winston and Branton coming for her and Daisy? Would the King Vermeer try to kill them?

Madison sighed. It was pointless to worry. Why not use the globe? But then, she took into consideration that this globe was given to her from Vermeer. He must be monitoring what she was seeing on the globe.

She threw the globe on the ground. It exploded in a black cloud. "Oops," Madison said, shrugging.

Hearing the sound of the crash, Prince Salem came into the room. He looked at the shards of glass on the ground. "What's this?" He asked Madison, pointing at the mess.

"My elbow knocked it over," Madison lied. She hoped that Salem would believe her. Then again, he wasn't very smart.

"Very well," Salem said, flicking his wrist over the mess. The broken glass and spilled water created a ball in the air. Salem moved his hand towards the water closet, the ball dropping into the chamber pot.

Princess Madison stood there, shocked. "You have..... magic?"

Salem was brushing the cuffs on his black suit. "Yes," he said. "Yes, I do. Dinner will be at seven o'clock sharp. Afterward will be the dancing. Good bye, my love," he finished, slipping through the door.

Madison bit her tongue. "It's alright," she told herself. "You'll only have to hear him call you that for just a little while longer. Winston should be here soon," she walked towards one of the bedchamber windows, pushing a purple curtain aside.

She looked out at the black iron gate, and saw two figures. Madison froze, recognizing the two men. Winston and Branton. She put a hand over her mouth, feeling a wave of relief wash over her. "They're here," Madison thought. Dinner was in three hours. That was surely enough time to be rescued, right?

Madison stepped away from the window. She walked toward the door of her bedchamber. She had to tell Daisy help was on the way.