Chapter 4: Explanation

Lord Winston stood by the youngest princess, staring into her deep blue eyes. His mouth was open in an oval shape. Was the princess really magical?

"You don't believe me, do you?" Princess Madison asked. Winston just kept his mouth open. "Well," she continued, "Watch this." Madison raised her hands in the air, and green magic started to glow. The princess moved her hands so they faced the bedchamber wardrobe, and green magic opened the doors, pulling out a pink dress with white lace on the edge, and a midnight blue dress.

Princess Madison crossed her arms. "Enough proof?"

Lord Winston still had his mouth opened in an oval, eyes wider than they were before. "Don't worry, I use good magic, Winston."

Winston finally had control over his mouth again. "Uh, well..... Taken by surprise a bit. Just out of curiosity, what is.... um, that place you mentioned earlier-" "Wonderland," Princess Madison interrupted.

"Yes," Winston continued. "Wonderland. Is Wonderland...... magical?"

Madison arched one eyebrow. "Yes. It is the most magical place to visit really." She looked down, lowering her eyebrow as well.

"You said I need to- er- visit Wonderland with you?" Lord Winston pushed.

Princess Madison was quiet for a while but, then, in an almost inaudible voice, she said, "Let me explain to you what Wonderland really is." She walked over to the desk, making the spellbook visible again. "Magic again," she said, noticing Winston's little gasp as the book appeared randomly on the desk.

"Here, sit on the bed, and I'll show you what Wonderland is." Madison sat down on the edge of the bed, and patted the sheets next to her.

Once Lord Winston sat, the princess opened the book. She told him about the two souls with the love connections, willing to sacrifice possibly their lives, about how you travel to Wonderland in your sleep, while someone performs the spell that starts it all. She then explains that once the spell has been set over these two souls, it lasts forever. The two people can visit Wonderland with just thinking of it before going to bed.

Princess Madison looked at Lord Winston. He was looking at the spellbook, and seemed to have pieced together the part that Madison didn't quite want to explain..... The feeling that Wonderland sends to the two souls.

Winston looked up, and met the princess' gaze. "Are you saying that the feeling I have felt the past two days, is the- er, I suppose- love connection between us?"

Madison sighed. "Yes," she answered, closing her eyes, and looking down.

"You're.... In trouble? Wha-what is it?" Winston asked, hoping he wasn't going too far with this.

"If you come to Wonderland with me, then you'll find out.

"Princess Daisy and I tried to get Branton to go to Wonderland with Daisy, but-" she was immediately cut off. It was the King Vermeer's spell that had been put over the princesses. They couldn't say anything about the King Vermeer and the evil doings they were forced to do.

Lord Winston grabbed Princess Madison's slender hand. "I would be very delighted, and honored, to visit Wonderland with you, princess." He smiled. "We don't have to marry each other, you know. We can just be friends." He smiled a little wider.

Princess Madison returned his smile. "Thank you. Now," she said, standing up. "You fully commit to traveling to Wonderland with me?" Winston nodded. "Then, let's go find Daisy so she can perform the spell!"