Chapter 13: Now or Never

Lord Winston raced to pull on his midnight blue suit, black shoes, and ran out of his bedchamber, hoping to find Prince Branton.

Winston turned a corner, and bumped into King Hales, dropping the Wonderland packets. "Sorry your majesty, I wasn't looking where I was going," Winston apologized, picking up the cloth bags.

"It's fine, Winston. Wait-" King Hales paused. "Winston? You're back from Wonderland! What did you find out? Please, tell me!"

Winston held out the cloth packets. "Queen Alicia gave me these. We find Vermeer's gateway, it's a tree, in the forest, and I find Madison. We throw these bags on the ground, they then explode, creating a mimic of Wonderland. That's how we defeat Vermeer, and get the princesses back." Winston smiled. He was ready to show King Vermeer just who he was messing with..... Wonderland love.

"Well done, boy!" King Hales patted Winston on the back. "Let's go find Branton and tell him about our plan."

King Hales and Winston went to Prince Branton and Princess Daisy's shared bedchamber.

Branton opened the door. He gasped, "Winston! You're back! Tell, me what did you find out?" Winston explained to Branton what he had to King Hales.

The prince went back into his bedchamber, and grabbed a pistol. "Let's go defeat them, Winston. Whether we kill them or not," He smiled an excited, yet scared smile.

"I'll watch the forest while you two go get my daughters. Call me if you need help, alright?" King Hales asked.

Both Winston and Branton nodded. The three men headed to the castle's stable, and each grabbed a horse.

King Hales, Lord Winston, and Prince Branton were galloping to the forest of Janastion, in less than ten minutes.

Once they arrived at the forest border, Winston stopped, remembering Queen Alicia's words, you will have a feeling about what tree it is, I promise.

Winston jumped off his horse, walking a little ways into the forest. "Winston, where are you going?" King Hales called. But, he didn't answer. Winston focused, looking each tree over several times.

Once Winston came to a tree, he felt a strange, tugging feeling, as if it had wrapped imaginary hands around his waist, he knew it was the gateway.

Winston put a hand on the tree, and thought, "What if I swipe my hand over this knot?" He smiled, doing just as he had thought to. The tree glowed, and a silver rectangle floated on its bark.

Winston turned to face King Hales and Branton, smiling. "Found it," where his words.

Prince Branton handed Winston the second pistol he had brought. "Just in case," he whispered, shoving the handle into Winston's palm.

"Like I said," came King Hales' voice, walking towards them. "I will watch the horses and the gateway, while you two work your magic," he winked, then clapped his hand over Winston's and Branton's shoulders. "Good luck, boys."

Winston turned his back on the king, nodding. He gulped, looking at the gateway. He could quite possibly die doing this. But, he thought, I would gladly die for Madison.

Winston smiled, stepping into the gateway before him, and took a deep breath.