Shopping Cart Go Vroom

__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

The silence between us was deafening as we trudged through the forest, me ahead of Bill by a good few feet. I don't know what to say anymore. He literally called me a slave. Well, I guess that's why there's now a big, red handprint bruising his cheek. I'm hoping— I'm really hoping that all that he said was one of his sick, unfunny jokes because that seriously set me off.

Being kind to someone doesn't make you a slave for them, even if they do nothing for you in return. I suppose I shouldn't expect him to understand that. Bill has said a lot of crazy things to me, but that was a step too far for my liking. Though, I am aware that the likelihood of getting rid of him is slim. He can be so inconsiderate, but I know he's not going to leave me alone, especially after that remark.

Even though I told him not to follow me and find his own way back to the hotel, he's trailing after me like a little, lost duckling, already over his fit. Maybe my slap knocked the fire out of him? I shake my head at the thought and stop with a heavy sigh. Maybe the silent treatment isn't the best idea? He'll just get bored and do something to irritate me further. Besides, I feel like I should say something. When I turn to face him however he's nowhere in sight.

'I could've sworn he was right behind me.' Panic quickly set in. Of course it did. I didn't actually expect him to go off on his own! There's a demon on the loose! There's no telling what mischief he'll cause without my supervision. He could burn the whole town down just because I took my eyes off him for a few minutes. How long has it been since he stopped following me? The whole place could be up in flames by now! Or, what if he collapsed again? Should I retrace my steps and look for him?

"Bill, this isn't funny! Get your butt out here!" I shout out to him, calling his name over and over, getting more and more worried with each second I could not see him. To my relief, he appeared with a new article of clothing hovering over his head.

"You called~" he says, batting his eyelashes with a snarky grin that I wished to smack off his face, but I was distracted. I point at the floating top hat above him and quirk a brow.

"Where did that come from?"

"Oh, this? I just made a little detour, is all." Leaning all his weight on me, the demon smirks wider, while I was unamused. "Completes the look, doesn't it?" He wiggles his eyebrows, resulting in me rolling my eyes.

"I'm not feeding your ego. Your head might explode." I push his face away before walking off, secretly glad that I found him. Instead of staying behind me like before, Bill walks side-by-side, though honestly, he should be the one showing me the way out of this labyrinth of trees. I have no sense of direction.