Devilish Pankster

•Y/N: Your Name
•F/N: Father's Name
•M/N: Mother's Name

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

It was warm that morning. I woke up to the sound of harmonious birdsong and the sweet smell of pine, Gravity Falls' signature scent, I would say, but the warmth dug straight into my skin and those sounds were quite loud, mixing with the delicate noises of the lake water, which also sounded suspiciously closer than the night prior. Cracking open an eye and squinting from the sunlight, all grogginess had lifted and replaced with panic as I shot up with a shout. The air mattress dipped with the action, water spitting up onto it.

Yes, water. Apparently, at some point during the night, I had transported to the middle of the lake because, well... I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING LAKE!!! From the shore, hearty laughter caught my ears, and I turned to stare at a yellow figure in the distance, bent over crying and hacking up laughter so loud it seemed to wake my parents, who unzipped their tent to peer out and see what all the commotion was about. The both of them covered their mouths, stifling their own laughter, which filled me with frustration and betrayal.

"Don't you laugh too! When I get over there, Bill, I swear I'm gonna kill you!" Groaning, I saw no way off the mattress without diving into the lake water. Jumping off the mattress, I land with a splash, getting my pajamas and hair soaking wet as I grabbed the floating bed as best I could before swimming back to shore. I wear a deep frown on my lips as I drag it onto land without any help from Bill or my parents.

"Shoulda said you wanted to wake up early for a swim, Y/N." Dad laughs while patting my back as I dropped the mattress, completely unamused.

"Children, the lot of you." I grumble before glaring at the culprit, who still snickered without care of hiding it. Marching up to the demon, I prod at his chest

"I hate you."

"Love ya too, toots," he retorts with a grin, upturning my nose in disgust as I flicked his.

"I'll get you back for that, just you wait."

"Oh, Y/N, it was only a bit of fun. Don't be so harsh on him." I turn to my dad yet again in disbelief.

"Tell me you're not serious. Did he brainwash you or something?"

"Pshh, I wish," muttered the blonde devil, causing me to return my glare to him, receiving an innocent smile in return.

"Well, seeing as we're all up, how about I whip us up some breakfast?" Dad walks past us to the fire pit as I let out a rough sigh. Bill practically skips after him to get burned or something. Who the heck even knows anymore? I push my hair back and felt more frustrated on feeling the wet strands as mom comes up to me.

"You might as well get dressed, Y/N. No point in staying in those soaked clothes. We'll go hiking in a bit."

"I'll pass. I think I'm going to head back to the hotel. Bill can't be trusted in the outdoors." The woman chuckles at me mistaking my seriousness for a joke.

"Glad you made a friend, Y/N."

"Forcefully raising an overgrown child is more like it." I huff with my arms crossed as she showed a devilish glint in her eye that I quirk a bow at in silent question when she gestures me to follow her.

"Where are you two off to? Ain't you hungry?" Dad calls after us, causing my mom to turn towards him with a wide and innocent smile.

"We just have to go to the bathroom. We'll be right back." And, with that, she took my arm and dragged me away. Just faintly, I could here my dad as he turned towards the fire.

"Welp, I know that look. They're up to trouble." I was really hesitant to leave dad alone with that weirdo, but I had no choice as my mom brought me out of sight and smiled at me with a wide grin.

"What's this about?"

"You wanted to get back at your friend didn't you?" My face showed shock before a wide smile soon took its place.

'Gotta love Ma.'

__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

"They've been gone an awfully long time," F/N sighs, having already eaten breakfast, while Bill continued to stuff his face... Quite literally.

"Maybe a pterodactyl stole them away?" He chuckles at the thought, making F/N think it was a joke. Little did he know just how possible that was in this place.

"I just don't want them to get lost. I know how Y/N is." He heaves a sigh before the quiet and peaceful atmosphere was abruptly extinguished.

"F/N! F/N, help! F/N!" F/N jumped at the sound of M/N screaming hysterically as she ran to the edge of the forest, leaves in her hair and completely disheveled with tears in her eyes. "Y/N's hurt! Come on! I need help! Quickly, both of you!" With that, she ran back into the woods, sending F/N rocketing to his feet as Bill paused, mid bite, staring off where she had fled.

"Hold on, we're coming! Come on, boy!" Yelping, Bill was forced to his feet after being grabbed by the back of his shirt and dragged into the forest with a suspicious brow raised. Something smelled fishy here. "M/N, wait up! You're going too fast!" And, just like that, she was out of their sight. "Damnit! Where could she have gone?" F/N spins around frantically to search for them, while Bill was relatively calm, peering up then down with a big grin on his lips as he walked up behind the man.

"I think they went that way." With one hard shove, F/N was pushed forward and tripped over a wire, sending a bucket of water down on his head. Bill laughs and holds his ribs as Y/N ran out of hiding to help him up.

"Dang it! That was supposed to be for Bill! Sorry, dad!"

"Nice try, toots, but you couldn't get me if you—" He paused as she stared at him with a wide grin, but before he could do anything else, a bottle of water was dunked on his head from behind. A giggle sounded from M/N as all three break into smiles, while Bill's face tinted slightly red with anger. Soaked blonde bangs are lifted up, revealing Y/N to be right in front of his face, nearly nose-to-nose with a cheeky grin.

"What was that you were saying? I'd never get you? Karma hurts, don't it?" Blinking at her, he suddenly grins and sticks his tongue out to lick the end of her nose. Squealing with wide eyes, she backs up, and he laughs.

"You're too easy!" Closing his dark eye to hide it from her parents, he pushes the blonde strands completely out of his face before turning his heel and returning to the campsite. "I win." Frowning, she rubs her nose as her mom laughs.

"Well, we got him once. Sorry we had to sacrifice you, F/N. It was for a good cause." Linking her arm with the father, M/N pats his shoulder as if to comfort him.

"Eh, it's only a little water. You got us good. Didn't expect a thing."

"Sure you didn't."

"Well, I knew you might've been plotting something, but I certainly didn't expect him to shove me into a trap like that. You keep an eye on that one, Y/N. He's a backstabber." He says jokingly to her.

Little did he know.