1.5 [Tang Man]

| One Mistake, A Lifetime Of Regret |

At the ball, many girls wore their own masquerade masks

At the ball, many girls wore their own masquerade masks. Apparently, that was to add some charm, making them seem more mysterious (until they open their mouth).

Rui went along with the rules, attending in his tuxedo and with his bodyguard in tow.

Tang Man was in tuxedo as well, after being rejected with every suggestion she presented for the past few days. She had an inkling that Rui had long intended her to wear a tuxedo like him.

"Rui, who do you wish to associate yourself in this high-end formal party? They all look suspicious to me." She whispered beside him, trying to be inconspicuous.

"Who do you think is suitable to be my right-hand man?" He whispered back, his lips almost kissing her head.

"Why not a woman?"

"Or a woman."

"Azael Yureka."

"That's a man, Tang-Tang."

"I know, Rui."

"...Why him?"

"He hired a really good bodyguard."

"Oh?" This perked Rui's interest, not because of the bodyguard himself but Tang Man's interest on the bodyguard. There was a dangerous glint in his eyes but it flashed so fast nobody caught it.

"He has assassinated 5 nobles in 90 days."

"But you've done more than that, why him specifically?"

"I don't see him very often."

"...You notice him a lot?"

"Only when he is around."

".........Really?"

"Hm? Are you constipated Rui? The bathroom's to that side, do you see that? Oh, I'll just guide you, come."

"....Tang-Tang.. I don't need to visit the restroom. So is it just because of his bodyguard that you want me to consider him?" His chest was feeling stuffy...

"He is not stupid."

"Most students here are not, Tang-Tang."

"Stupid as in not foolish. His bodyguard acts smart not because of the bodyguard himself but because of the master."

"Not half a brain.. interesting."

"Are you gonna choose your legal wife here too?"

He was quiet for a moment, as if trying to grasp a difficult question. Then his soft voice asked, "...Tang-Tang, do you wish for me to marry?" Even as he tried to ignore the anger in him, the pain in his chest was hard to push away, together with the lump in his throat. His gut twisted a little from the nervousness but he couldn't stop his mouth from speaking his mind after carelessly chatting with Tang Man like usual.