3.1 [Tang Man]

| Off With Your Head! |

Qin Dynasty was suddenly overturned, and this was how the world heard of it:

"As expected, if an Emperor cannot annihilate the traitors, chances are they come biting back!"

"Is that how you see it? Haven't you heard of what happened in the tournament?"

"I have."

"What exactly did you hear ah!"

"That the sole survivor of family Xi was there to abdicate the Emperor, I mean the previous Emperor. He also brought along the missing second prince who now took over."

"You've heard wrong! It wasn't the young master Xi, but the Sect Leader of Phantom Blades Sect that usurped the throne! She is apparently very young and pretty that's why the Emperor lowered his guard ah."

"But... the tournament.."

"She used her face la! As long as you are beautiful, you can take over the world..."

"Was that how it went...? How about the winner of the tournament..?"

"The previous Emperor gave the winner slot to the beautiful Sect Leader, there really are no justice to this world.."

"...I'm gonna beat up my son who misinformed me!"

"Go go!"

Just like this, news from the word of mouth get distorted and eventually changed to a completely different story. Of course neither of them was right nor wrong; they simply relayed what they had heard and added their own little twist. After all, more often than not, people tend to like to tell a tale or two.

Due to Zui Hou's death, Rui and Tang Man's wedding had to be postponed until a year later. Although Zui Hou was not Tang Man's family, Phantom Blades Sect was the only entity close enough to be one.

Rui was subservient to Tang Man, and he thought it proper to do just that out of respect to the departed Zui Hou. It didn't lessen his doting on Tang Man whom he had missed for a lifetime.

They were currently inside the Palace.

After the royalty of Qin were driven away, with Qin Changchen executed in public, Phantom Blades Sect assumed being the highest authority. Envoys from all over the continent left Hengzuo carrying with them the explosive news.

There was no war, simply a huge evil sect. After this, Phantom Blades Sect's notoriety would increase. Though that was part of the plan in the first place.