4.9 [Xuanwu]

| Replay Of Roles; Reverse |

Lord Ming's legions of army were not greater than what the Emperor of Long could amass

Lord Ming's legions of army were not greater than what the Emperor of Long could amass. Yet against the General who betrayed his own Emperor without being officially crowned the throne, it was more than enough. As the crescent moon bore witness of this skirmish, two silhouettes snuck into the Royal Palace over the roofs and into the back gate.

One whispered to the other nervously while looking at their back again and again. "Where are you going? Is Jae-Hwa in the Palace?"

"I don't know." Was what the other replied before leaping to a stone lamp and kicking himself onto the rooftop. Once there, he briefly sniffed the air, slowly turning towards a certain direction. "Come."

The other person who was left on the ground looked even more anxious. "Why?" He mouthed, but his companion already hopped to another building's rooftop. There was not a sound to his steps. Left with no other choice, he tried to imitate his companion, but he didn't look as light as his companion, nor elegant on his actions.

After struggling for a moment, he finally caught up only to find himself towards the Inner Palace. "The Inner Palace?"

Xuanwu glanced at him in askance, then softly explained, "There's a strong smell of blood..."

Chul-Soo shivered as the cold breeze from the north brushed against his skin. "B-blood? So you think..."

Two lithe shadows leaped from one roof to another, and the only witness to this farce was the crescent moon up in the night sky. And in this quiet evening when the abled soldiers were gathered at the gates, Xuanwu's placid tone rang like a deep melody, foretelling of omen.

"I do not know, but where there is this much blood in the air, there is bound to be several deaths. Or... Blood had been drained for some time. Whether that's where your friend is, only do we know when we get there."

His words were like poetry to Chul-Soo's ears, one he doesn't hear often. His words might be dreadful, but they were beautiful to his ears. He couldn't help but not fear what was to come. "Then I'll leave this to you."

"Hm? Where do you wish to go?"

There was a brief moment of pause between them. The only sounds they could hear were their controlled breathing as they leaped from one footing to another. Their eyes had gotten used to the dark and their mind tensed for any danger. It was quiet in the Royal Palace, yet it wasn't safe for both of them. Sentries could have been left or servants could send the main army news of intruders, which could cause more confusion. Although the more trouble ensues, the easier it would be for Xuanwu to sneak around considering he was a cultivator.