2.1 [Tang Man]

| Dragging Your Hand, Pulling You Away |

As Tang Man saw darkness, her mind wandered through cards of memories, of moving pictures inside each rectangular shapes

As Tang Man saw darkness, her mind wandered through cards of memories, of moving pictures inside each rectangular shapes. She hadn't realized she was dead and she couldn't fathom why she was floating in the darkness, revisiting every and each of her memories of both lifetimes.

She saw the faces of her beloveds, her interactions with them and their end— her death.

Next she blinked, she saw a blurry mess of scenery, so familiar but foreign at the same time. She could sniff the rancid smell of blood with the faint scent of sandal wood. The surroundings was dim, merely lit by a candle placed on a bronze plate.

Then she saw a huge nostalgic face— her mother. It then hit Tang Man that she was reborn once again. And she couldn't figure out why this was happening to her.

Her life as a child flashed by like the speed of light and now she was standing by her window, her long ebony hair loose on her back. Her fifth year in Qin Dynasty had just begun as she smelt the breeze coming from the north. Something out there was calling for her, she solemnly thought as her obsidian phoenix eyes reflected the starry night sky.

"Rui..." She softly whispered into the wind, hoping to hear a reply though she knew it was impossible. He was gone, left behind in the future with their child barely alive.

She felt her heart constrict as her eyes turned glossy.

Every night, she would look up at the sky, reminiscing the past she loved and ached for. She shouldn't continue hanging up in her past, she should renew her life once again. She was Tang Man, the second shu daughter of Rong Xiyun. Her mother, Xia Xiulan was the second concubine of the patriarch.

Tomorrow she would face her future, embrace it and love once again. That was all there was to it.

....

Being a noble five years old in ancient china could only be described in one word, 'boring'. There were barely any books available to read. Tang Man's brothers and sisters were adamant on avoiding one another like plague because they had different mothers. There was also a clear divide between the legitimate and illegitimate children.

Those born from the wife receive better privileges than the ones born from the concubines who were usually from a family of lower rank officials or commoners, possibly even servants/slaves.

Tang Man decided to visit Liyun for a change, yet before she could step out of her courtyard, Bai Mu blocked her way. She didn't encounter this eldest daughter that often because she usually kept herself in her own courtyard. As of late however, Tang Man decided to re-acknowledge Xin and Liyun, she wanted to know if they were any different from her previous lifetimes.

Bai Mu was 2 years older than Tang Man but already, the 7 years old Bai Mu held a vicious glint every time their eyes clashed.

"This younger sister greets eldest sister Bai Mu." Tang Man performed a perfect bow like she'd done it so many times, her head tilted downward to submit her admittance and her hands rested over her stomach.