3.4 [Tang Man]

| Suspicion |

Far away from the bustle of towns and cities, Rui and Tang Man's house was well-hidden within a forest enclosed by spires of mountains

Far away from the bustle of towns and cities, Rui and Tang Man's house was well-hidden within a forest enclosed by spires of mountains. This was a location Rui had personally found when he was exploring towards Hengzuo, and specifically remembered it for its isolated beauty.

There was only one path from where the pond connects with the river that stretched down the hill and joining with other straits of shallow freshwater, connecting to other parts of the forest below. Before they decided to live here for good, they briefly visited Zaoshuang Sect Leader, Elder Xi. Tang Man became emotional and rushed to hug the old man in her embrace without restraint, shocking everyone but Rui. Only he was the only one left to know how much the old man meant for both of them.

During their stay in Zaoshuang Mountains, they bonded with Elder Xi like they used to. The old man was surprised at how he came to love Tang Man as well, as if their connection was deeply rooted in their soul. There was no denying that the three of them made a family, a happy one.

Elder Xi urged the two young couple to get married but was forced not to upon receiving news from Phantom Blades Sect.

"It's good to finally found a lead, but this is not how I wished it turn out..." Rui softly muttered, his hand on his chin. His back rested on the wooden wall just behind Tang Man's seat. He looked every bit intimidating with his furrowed thick brows and arms held tightly across his strong chest.

Tang Man wasn't even feeling surprised as if she already expected this was the case. "They captured Zui Hou, my right-hand woman because they wanted to know things about me. It's about me and not only me being the Sect Leader... What do they want...?" Her phoenix eyes narrowed in thought.

"Don't even think about confronting them." Rui sternly warned before glancing to Elder Xi and said, "I'm sorry, Grandpa. We'll have to spend some more time another time." Tang Man's safety was always Rui's priority; she was his priority, always.

Elder Xi looked worried, his wizened eyes were glossed with sadness. "Leaving so soon...." He sighed, but understood the young couple's intentions. They didn't want to cause harm to Zaoshuang Sect by remaining for long.

Tang Man looked at Elder Xi sadly and pushed herself to embrace the old man, rubbing his back gently with her hand. "Grandpa... We'll be sure to visit you as often as we can, especially after we find out how powerful this enemy of ours is. Okay? So take good care of yourself." She gently said.

Rui agreed with her words, then turned his attention to the girl who was only 5 years old. "And grandpa... Could you help us look after this girl?"

Yet just as soon as his words left his mouth, the 5 years old girl dashed to grab his robe like she'd never let go. Rui tried to coerce her into staying, but she merely kept shaking her head stubbornly. In her previously dead eyes, there was panic and fear of not wanting to separate herself from Rui and Tang Man.