2.6 [Tang Man]

| Sibling Love |

When the elite force of Phantom Blades Sect entered Hengzuo in disguise as civilians, nobody recognized them for who they were from 10 years prior

When the elite force of Phantom Blades Sect entered Hengzuo in disguise as civilians, nobody recognized them for who they were from 10 years prior. Ten years was a very long time, a decade, enough for a child to be a young adult.

All over Hengzuo, the buildings were decorated with lively colors and the Imperial Soldiers roamed about in a tight bunch to keep the commoners organized, and for schemers to stray away. Nothing must go wrong at welcoming the combatants from other provinces, especially the entourage from Zhou Dynasty which includes the princes and the princesses.

As Tang Man leisurely strode along the bustling streets, Jin Guan and the others were following dutifully from behind. They were like ducklings unable to part with their mother duck.

Zui Hou felt strange. "A lot have changed. So many new buildings, ah! And many commoners now have cool toys to play with..." Her eyes darted from one child to another who were holding mechanical toys either made of scraps of metals or wood.

Beside her, Jin Guan nodded his head. "Zaoshuang Sect's trade routes have spread worldwide, I wouldn't doubt there being common in Zhou Dynasty as well. Whoever is managing the businesses in Zaoshuang Sect, they must be one heck of a genius ah."

Silently listening to their idle talks, Tang Man's mind briefly thought of one person who could do it. A beautiful smile laced her lips as memories of old resurfaced. Truth be told, thanks to managing the evil sect, she hadn't revisited her previous lifetime. Because whenever she did, it either brought her down or made her feel at peace like she had ever been since being reborn again.

She caught something at the corner of her eye while in deep thought, abruptly stopping her steps. 

"What's the matter, Tang-Tang?" Zui Hou carefully asked, her face turning serious. "D-did they already found us out?"

Tang Man quietly approached a small side-stall, lifting her trembling hand to reach out for a certain musicbox. "...How could there be?" Was what she softly muttered, her heart drumming hard in her chest. Then the musicbox was opened to grace the nearby listeners with its beautiful melody. [A/N: Please listen to the little video up above. <3]

"Wow, that sounds so good.. Hm~ Hnm~" Qin Hui Yun looked over, softly humming with the tone. He was fascinated by the little toy, completely not noticing Tang Man's strange expression. 

"How much?" Tang Man quietly asked to the lazy vendor, restraining her emotions in turmoil. 

"10 gold!" The lazy vendor noticed Tang Man and her companions wearing silk clothes, which were expensive and their appearance were too sophisticated for commoners or the like. So even though the musicbox was only supposed to be cheaper than that, he wanted to take the chance. After all, life was hard.