4.0 | Dozens of Lifetimes After

| She dreamed, A Past Forgotten |

Hundreds of years ago, the Devils, the Demons and all other monsters were held at bay in all the land where the Dao had influence

Hundreds of years ago, the Devils, the Demons and all other monsters were held at bay in all the land where the Dao had influence. Using the belief of the people, deities may descend to the Mortal Realm and influence the lives of mortal(s).

Since for many years, the mortals held on to their beliefs on gods that may or may not exist, the Almighty Dao bestowed upon them guardians in the form of Divine Beasts or local gods. These entities may remain depending on how much faith the land they governed on them.

But if perchance they neglected their job or suddenly disappeared, the land they used to govern would be vulnerable to crimes, desolation and evil. This was due to the natural essences of the divine beings that unconsciously spread across the places they remained for long. The light attracts the darkness, and so would the other; vice versa.

Hence, it was very crucial that the divine guardians must never be absent.

In the ancient land of China, the Dao allowed for five Divine Beasts to govern in harmony. These beasts were Qinglong, Zhuque, Baihu, Xuanwu and Huanglong.

All Divine Beasts had no predetermined gender so they were all in the appearance of men. And although they had different personalities, they were all able to get along very well.

They each specialized in certain elements that they could easily access, and through this, they could view all parts of the land where their element existed. When they combine, even the weather could change drastically, or a storm may come about.

Qinglong was a highly energetic dragon. He was especially happy exploring the lands, visiting his other divine beast friends, and learn everything there was in existence. Though unfortunately, he was not very wise.

On the other hand, Zhuque was wiser, and he would accompany Qinglong with his adventures for most of the time

On the other hand, Zhuque was wiser, and he would accompany Qinglong with his adventures for most of the time. They were a pair, like fraternal twins, which was a contrast to the elements they specialized in. Qinglong was wood, while Zhuque was fire.