2.9 [Tang Man]

| Qin Royal Family Driven Away |

With indifference and magnanimity, Qin Changchen bestowed the Vagabond marriage to Rong Jun, the third young miss of the Right Prime Minister household

With indifference and magnanimity, Qin Changchen bestowed the Vagabond marriage to Rong Jun, the third young miss of the Right Prime Minister household. Many were not happy.

Before the decree could be announced aloud, a commotion descended upon the stage. A lady and a young man faced the Vagabond, both looking ethereal. Nobody saw how they suddenly appeared by the Vagabond. But such questions were replaced with awe. Tang Man was a budding 15 years old girl whose beauty could be considered unmatchable. Towering beside her was also a man whose face was just as gorgeous. Whatever did they both eat to look so enchanting, ah!

"Must you marry lady Rong Jun? If so, fight me to death."

Everyone was surprised at Tang Man's declaration, except for Rui who allowed her to act brazen but would never let anything happen to her if it came down to it. Nothing can hurt Tang Man under his watch. All over the continent, Zaoshuang Sect's influence had spread, so he could get any resources he wanted. Be it money, experts and a certain authority in front of the Emperor, though his force could still not be on par against Qin Changchen. After all, Qin Dynasty was huge and he had been reigning for over a decade. It wouldn't be easy, not unless he was not alone in this.

"And why must I fight a random woman such as you?" The Vagabond disregarded Tang Man and clasped his hands together to pay his respects to the Emperor. "Your Highness, please grant me my wish."

Tang Man turned to Qin Changchen and calmly said, "Emperor, with my reputation as the Sect Leader of Phantom Blades at stake, please approve my match with this man!"

Once again, everybody was surprised. How could a lady who looked barely 15 years old be the leader of such a notorious evil sect? Nobody believed it.

Qin Changchen raised his brows, his eyes in doubt. "And how--"

Before he could finish his words, Tang Man raised Phantom Blades Sect's artifact for all eyes to see. She was the genuine Sect Leader after all! Everyone knew of Phantom Blades Sect's ritual when changing Sect Leaders, and artifacts were rare and few because they held strange influence to the world; able to affect events and people.

Loud murmurs surrounded the open stadium, many disbelieving while others could not add one thing to another. They felt their world views collapse!

She looked more like a weak young noble who couldn't hurt a fly, so how was it possible to have an artifact acknowledge her and even became Phantom Blades Sect's leader? None could make any sense and so they eagerly waited upon their Emperor's decision.

Qin Changchen frowned so much his face had turned very unsightly. "So it was you! Men come, kill this female dog for Zhen!!" He stood up from his chair in fury.

Yet, when his hidden guards and imperial soldiers arrived to surround Tang Man, her very own shadows emerged from nothingness and mowed down the opposing ranks. Just as quickly did they appear, they disappeared just as fast, but this only brought more fear to the people. Where else could those deadly Assassins be hiding but possibly beside them?! For a moment, all heads turned left, right, up and even down to their feet. But no shadow assassins were in sight, a cold shiver ran down their spine. Phantom Blades Sect weren't called phantom for no reason, ah!