Moving in (Prologue)

I open my eyes staring blankly at the ceiling as I hear the alarm go off. I slowly turn my head to look at the alarm clock. It's 5:00 am I guess it's time to wake up. I press the off button and move my blankets away. I scratch my head feeling my messy hair. I slowly tilt my head to the side. I adjust my sight to take a glimpse around. I can't believe it. My brother was still there drooling on his pillow.

"Hiroji wakes up we need to get ready," I complain as I poke him in the cheek.

He squints his eyes and moves to the other side, pulling the blanket closer.

"Hiroji get up already!" I yelled pulling the blankets away from him.

"y/n stop your getting me cold!" he yelled back trying to pull the blankets back.

"No, it's time to wake up," I say struggling to pull back the blankets.

"Fine," he grinned letting go of the blanket making me fall off the bed.

He beings to tear up in laughter unable to contain himself.

"I can't believe you felt for that literally!" he laughs also falling off his bed.

"Oh shut up Hiroji," I say throwing a pillow at him.

His hair was just like mine mostly everything about us was identical. His eyes were e/c as mine or probably darker. His skin looked smoothed with one tiny beauty mark close to his eye. He giggles moving the pillow to the side. I get up rubbing my shorts that had bits of dog hair. Footsteps began to be heard from the door getting louder. The door slams opened as a man jumps in the room

"Why won't you be quiet for at least 20 minutes you brats!" he barked at us.

He had black curly hair and a long beard. He just woke up like the rest of us with bags under his eyes. He was wearing bunny slippers that he just got yesterday and was holding a roll of newspapers.

"y/n run he's gonna whack us quick!" he yelled pushing me into the bathroom that was inside our room.

"You won't get away from me brats!" he yelled back running towards us.

We quickly squeeze into the bathroom and tried closing the door, but it was already too late. He opens the door whacking us with the newspaper.

"Oww," Hiroji whined rubbing his head.

"You know we can't do much noise mostly at this time of day," he says swinging the paper around. He takes a big sigh and pats us both in the head.

"Get ready it's going to be the first day of school for you two dorks," he said putting a smile on his face.

We both giggle seeing our Dad finally smiling for the first time ever since we left Mom. We finally get ready and get out of the room seeing our Dad cooking up some French toast and eggs. Hiroji then pulls me to the side where our dad can't see us. He grabs my arm and pulls my sleeve up. There was a bunch of cuts in my arm that were brand new. He gave me a long glare.

"y/n don't do this to yourself Mom won't hurt you anymore she isn't here with us," he muttered hugging me.

"I know but it still left a scar on me that won't be going anytime soon," I muttered feeling my throat really dry.

"Just try not to do it anymore it's a new day," he said squeezing me tighter.

"Okay, I will," I respond breaking the hug.

I pull him into the kitchen and sit in the table where our plates have been served. Our dog, Pudding, began wagging its tail as it sees our presence.

"Oh look who's a good boy," Hiroji says scratching his chin.

The dog then leaves him going to eat his own food. We began to eat our food, savoring each bite.

"I guess you kids like it?" he said munching on his own food.

"Of course Dad we always liked your cooking!" I beamed in excitement as I stuffed my face with French toast.

My Dad spits out his coffee laughing harder than Hiroji was. I began to giggle with them as I swallow down my food. I got my backpack and put on my shoes on so did my brother. We open the door waving goodbye to our Dad and dog. I close the door and move towards the school that was probably three blocks away.

"So Hiroji you going to join any clubs?" I ask marching weirdly.

"I don't actually know yet probably the football team and any other thing you want to join into to." he giggles marching weirdly as I was.

"Race you," I yelled running down the street.

"You won't beat me," he yells back running in my direction.

"Bet," I muttered and began to run even faster.

We finally got to the school trying to catch our breath.

"I.... won... ah... hahaha... yes," I said stretching my arms up.

"Nice... job... y/n," he laughed holding onto the statue.

I lower my arms down and pat Hiroji's back.

"I guess this is our new high school what do you think?" I ask looking up at the school.

He get's up hyper than ever and wraps his arm around my neck pulling me towards him. He rubs my head messing my hair up.

"Hey stop it," I hissed moving his arm away from me.

"Well I think this is going to be an amazing year for both of us," he responded smiling at me.

I put my hair back together even though it already looked like a mess.

"I don't understand why you even try that is never going to stay in place." he mocked me pointing at my hair.

"Well, I guess I got so used to it like Mom always brushed my hair until the brush broke," I muttered wrapping my hair around my ear.

Hiroji tried to hold in his laughter but couldn't hold it for any longer.

"No wonder where all the brushes went!" he teases me almost falling to the ground.

"Oh come let's go already," I grunted.