A New Day. A New Start

The morning had risen, and the sun was beaming on top of my face. I saw the orange color mixed with red under my eyelids, but it was burning my eyes as though they were bulging outside of my sockets. I squint my eyes open as I start feeling the rest of my body wake up; although today was different, I felt my body squished against some weight. I turn to find my brother drooling over my pillow, wrapping his body on me. He must have had trouble sleeping last night. Edward hasn't changed ever since we were little, but nor have I. We're still locked together to the hip, and we're looking out for each other like when we were little toddlers.

"Edward," I whispered.

He groaned as he squeezed me tighter. It was time to get ready for school, but it didn't seem that he wanted to go to school today. Either way, we didn't have a choice. If we didn't wake up now, our father will yell at us and drag us across the floor.

"Edward, you need to wake up; we still have to get ready for school," I mumbled.

He groanes again, annoyed by the repeated question.

"Fine," He says.

He rolls off the bed standing up as though he had noodles for legs. He grabbed his close from his drawer and headed to the bathroom, eyes still closed by the time he left. I got out of bed, feeling my body sore. I could still feel the hard kick from yesterday near my stomach. Although today, my hair wasn't the same mess it was yesterday, it kept it's self evenly together. I grab my uniform that sat neatly in my drawer, unlike my brother that stuffed his clothes together in big bulks.

I put on my navy blue high socks, slip up my checker-piece red skirt, I button up my white shirt, and covered myself with my navy blue jacket. I get out of the room, having my backpack ready to go; however, I see my brother waiting outside of the room. I grew baffled as to why he stood waiting, and not in the kitchen with our dad. He shows me a note between his finger, which I quickly realized why.

"He went early to work today," I sighed.

He nods his head as he puts the note in his pocket.

"The nursey needed an extra hand this morning and left us money to go get breakfast at school," he said.

I became upset at first; but I was a relief, father would have known something was up in school if he saw me today. Edward grabbed my face, catching off guard. He gently caressed my hair, feeling how smooth it was against his fingertips.

"You know y/n your hair would look quite nice if you wear it in a bun," He suggested.

"Are you sure?" I questioned as I stroked my hair as I thought about it.

"Yes," he smiled, "Your hair would look lovely."

He turns me and begins to comb my hair in a nice bun. I turn to look at him, a bit shy to know what I would look with a bun. His smile was radiant like the sun, quite happy to see me try something new.

"You look as I imagine you to be," He chuckled.

I took some time to gain some confidence to think I look lovely in a bun.

"Do I still have a bruise I mine face?" I questioned.

That's what I was afraid the most about today, walking around with a bruise on my face. Edward touches my face, putting his finger where my bruise should have been.

"Y/n don't worry about that," He comforted me. "Your face is excellent. The bruise you have is barely noticeable."

"Are you sure that," I questioned, "I don't want people to look at me with this bruise on my face."

Before I said anything else, he pulls me in, holding me tight against his chest.

"Y/n, you're fine no matter what you have on your face," he mumbled. "You shouldn't worry about what other people say just what you believe in."

I hug him back, closing my eyes, feeling his warmth swarm over me like butterflies. His heart was always made of gold and never failed me to cheer me up even when we were little kids.

"Let's go," I said.

We head out of the door, taking the bus to school that was crowded and stunk like black coffee. We were able to find some available seats, but the people would still be right next to you, almost falling on you the time the bus stops. However, we were able to make it to school in one piece, bright and ready to go. We head to the cafeteria before heading to our homeroom.

We were always interested in what they served in the cafeteria, but we would usually have lunched packed before we went to school. However, when we entered the line to grab breakfast, it was nothing like what an ordinary school lunch was. They had a set of different categories where a chef stood to make your breakfast. I was astonished to see such a wonderful sight. I was craving a skillet with steak, peppers, potatoes, and eggs on top. The station where they served it was the second one to the left, where I saw two familiar faces in line. It was Tyler with Marcel, and they seemed to look to not want to be in school today. Tyler seemed to have trouble with his tie as he moved it around aggressively. Marcel seemed impatient to be inline, maybe also starving and craving his skillet. Before I even walked there, they already stopped at me and began to wave.

"Y/n are you getting in line," Marcel asked.

I nodded my head in response and began walking over there. They both seemed excited to see me as though their day has just gotten better. I know seeing them made me feel relieved.

Hello there my fellow reader, I hope you like this series and enjoying every bit of it.