That's Real Funny

"I've never heard him doing any acts of bravery to someone he just met." he smiled.

I turned my head towards Evan shooting a hate full glare. I understand his motives from the moment I've met him. He's only there to save his own skin.

"Maybe you're a bigger part his life than you both notice," he mumbled.

"That could be the case, Mr. Fong," I chuckled.

I highly doubt we'll ever be a big part of each other's life. Even if we were, he'll probably lower me down to his level of stupidity.

"Dad I that would never happen," he muttered. "Since I got eyes on someone else."

"Are you talking about the bimbo you hang out with?" he hissed. "She'll lead you nowhere successful."

Evan opened his mouth but must have rethought his argument. His eyes were filled with defeat indicating his father wasn't wrong.

"She might be as rich as us," Mrs. Fong continued, "but she isn't prepared for the world ahead of her."

Evan's eyes looked full of sorrow, but he couldn't deny that his parents weren't wrong. It got really quiet with me stuck in the middle of this family argument.

"I'm sorry to interfere," I muttered, "But I'm sure Evan has his own reason for being in love with Ashley."

Oh please lord don't let me regret this decision. If this does turn out alright, I hope Evan could return the favor one day.

"You haven't changed a bit since you were a little sprout." Mr. Fong chuckled. "You're always there to protect the ones you care about."

"You're not wrong," I cheered, " I do care about him even if he doesn't return the favor."

I would be lying if I'd say I didn't care about him, but I do. He might be a pain in the butt, but he isn't a bad guy. He just needs to be pushed in the right direction. I tilt my head towards Evan seeing his eyes widen with shock. Oh no, I think he got the wrong idea.

"But I only see him as a friend of course," I chuckled.

Evan wasn't the only one who was just as shocked. His parents were in even more shocked since you could see their jaw dropped to the table in their eyes as wide as they could possibly get.

"Oh is that so," Evan mumbled.

Why is he so down about it? I thought he had feelings for her bimbo girlfriend. If he thinks I'll ever have feelings for him, he's dead wrong. After what he did, I don't think I'll be able to forgive him anytime soon.

"We should finish eating and continue our study session," Evan insisted.

"Oh, yeah, we should finish," I chuckled.

The rest of the time during our meal was absolutely silent. I attempted to eat as fast as possible without gagging on my food. I didn't want to be here anymore. I just wanted to get the day over with. I grab the last mouthful trying my best to chew it. I tap the napkin on my cheeks rubbing the food off my face. I placed the towel agilely on my plate before getting up my chair.

"Thank you for the meal Ms. & Mr. Fong," I thanked.

"The thanks are ours for being here," Mr. Fong insisted.

I smile giving a slight nod. I turn my head towards even giving a thin smile.

"I'll wait for you upstairs if you don't mind," I said towards Evan.

"Sure," he replied while still chewing on some of his food.

"Thank you again for having me here," I praised them.

I walk upstairs toward Evan's room before noticing that the smell of cologne wasn't present anymore. That's strange... I reopen the door to his bedroom, and upon my astonishment, the bedroom was perfectly clean. It smelled like the beginning of spring when all the flowers were starting to bloom. This is something I could get used to unlike the stench of cologne that consumed his the air in his bedroom.

On the side of his bed stood a neat stack of papers in the top of my textbook and notebook. Whoever had the guts to do his room knows how to keep everything quite nicely. I walk towards the bed getting a closer look on the neat stack of papers.

Next to it stood a white envelope with my name on it. Wait! What? This can't possibly be mine. I squint my eyes onto the paper thinking it makes any difference. My head began to whirl with questions that I knew I couldn't clarify, but I have one that I could possibly answer. Who wrote it?

I was tempted to open the letter, but I know that's not the right thing to do. I hear the doorknob click open causing me to spring up.

"You're really on guard today aren't you?" he chuckled.

"That's not it!" I insisted. "I just space out here and there."

"That does explain a lot since you're such an easy target for people like Jonathan," he jested.

"A little harsh," I hissed.

"I don't think it was," he assured. "I could easily prove it."

I wasn't sure were Evan was going around with this, but it sure was freaking barbarous. I kept in a calm face hoping this is all just a joke.

"I should probably start packing my stuff since I'll be leaving soon," I clarified.

I begin to pack my notebooks into my backpack before I take another quick glance of the envelope. I don't think Evan would ever write that for me. Not in a million years. Before I put my pencil case in my backpack, Evan grabs me by the wrist pinning me down on the bed.

What the hell is he doing!

Thanks for being patient with this late update. I've been trying to recover with a broken leg that probably doesn't trouble you, so hope you all have an incredible day.