A New Beginning

In the year 2017, Professor Tim Reynolds developed a new form of renewable nuclear energy which produced nearly ten thousand times the energy per particle than normal nuclear energy. This new fuel was the catalyst for a whole new world of technological advancements. In 2039, Dr. Hideo Asari developed a theory in which non-biological matter could be transported through space instantaneously. This method he theorised would be possible if the energy was freely available. In 2086 the planet had begun to deteriorate to the point of needed colonisation of the moon and led to extreme focus on colonising near by planets and developing new space shuttles with technology to get humanity there in one piece. In 2089 the British government decided to attempt non-biological transportation to neighbouring planets using Dr. Asari's theories. This proved successful, but it did not solve the problem on how to completely migrate the life forms of Earth to other planets that were out of Shuttle travel reach. In 2101, Dr. Leroy Craft decided to combine the power of Reynolds nuclear energy particle with Asari's theory to attempt to counter act the machines inability to transport living organisms. They used small animals in tests such as rats and hedgehogs with some success, able to transport them over small distances with decent accuracy. After 34 years of research and refinement of the science, Dr. Hannah Craft, Leroy's daughter, managed to refine the Reynolds particle to give even more energy allowing for the transfer of Human life across vast distance. The first test was set for August 3rd, 2135, a day which changed the world forever.

"Today is the day guys! You all ready?" Said Dr. Craft excitedly

Hannah Craft was as Smart as she was beautiful. Long Ago the stereotypes and prejudices of humanity towards women in the workplace had died out. Hannah was the leading mind into Reynolds Particle theory and she was also an extremely gifted electrical engineer. She had chin length auburn hair and deep green eyes which sat behind a small set of reading glasses.

"Well my house slid into the water last month so, yeah I'm ready" Said Agent Clock sarcastically

Some men let their destinies just play out, James Clock is not one of those men. Highly military trained and an Ex field scientist for the British Army, James volunteered to lead the first travel to distant worlds. He was sick of watching the world die around him and decided that Dr. Craft was his best option to get off world. He was tall, athletic and was never seen without his early 2000 style black trench coat. He had wavy brown hair swept to the side and a messy black beard. His eyes were almost Black, and he had a small scar above his left eye. Scars were almost unheard of in this time due to free Medicare being available for anyone even if its cosmetic.

"Man, if my mum was still alive she would be cursing me out for doing something so unholy. Daft woman" Sniggered Oz

Osmund Lowe was a prodigy, passing all his high-end engineering exams before High school. From a poor family, his education was paid for by the Musk foundation. The Musk Foundation was a organisation, started by Sir Elon Musk, in the mid-2000s specifically designed to find great minds in places they would not usually have been found. In Osmund's case, he was found in Catholic Church school. Osmund was a short young man in his early 20s, a small tuft of hair on his chin was the same light blonde as the short hair on his head. A leading young mind on sustainable forms of energy, he had been consulting on the development of this travel technology for a few years and decided that the team would need someone like him on the other side to develop a two-way gateway.
Clock and Oz were already strapped in to the chairs inside of the Sphere. From the outside the machine just looked like a smooth disco ball. There wasn't much to it at all, but it was just the chamber that held the passengers, everything else was controlled in the lab which was filled with the most advanced computer systems known to man. Hannah controlled a small team of highly skilled professionals, after all, this was a highly classified experiment.

"So, when is the other guy getting here?" Asked Clock
"She... is already here" Hannah said as she strapped herself into the 3rd and final seat.
"Wait, you're coming with us? Score!" Said Oz excitedly
"When we get there, wherever there is, we will need to set up a science base pretty fast, Oz can't do it alone.
"So, it's purely scientific then?" Clock asked with a smirk
"I'd be lying if it wasn't slightly selfish, after all, my family has been working on this for over 50 years. Okay, initiate launch preparation sequence!"

The few personnel in the lab began to punch in data to the computers to set up the launch, the whole room began to hum and physically vibrate. The amount of power needed to perform this launch was quite astounding. Clock looked at a small picture he had taken out of his pocket, he held it to his chest and closed his eyes.

"Someone special? Hannah Asks
"She was..." Clock answers

An automated voice announces over the loudspeakers that the preparation is complete. This is the moment Hannah had been waiting for, for such a long time.

"Begin final countdown" Hannah announces with confidence

The loudspeaker begins to countdown from ten, the whole room is filled with a slight worry and an immense excitement, they have all been working on this for many years, watching their world die around them, trying to figure out a way to save every living thing on the planet. From the lab, through the viewing window, the sphere began to distort and bend in view. This was an expected site as it was coming in and out of space.

"Alonss-y!" Shouts Oz
"God, I loved Doctor Who" Says Hannah as the timer hits Zero
"Smith was better anyway" Smirks Clock

The Sphere pulses once with a big bassy boom and then it vanishes, as if it was never there in the first place.

"Launch successful sir" Says one of the lab team to the senior official
"Fantastic, someone track it and find out what section of Planet-341 they have landed on" Says the Senior official

They frantically press buttons on their keyboards whilst streams of information flies across the screens. All of the lab members look at each other with a myriad of emotions, the most prominent of which is fear.

"Well?" Asks the senior official
"Uhh, Dr. Monroe... umm, they are gone?"
"I know that, but where?"
"No sir, they are gone, from our point of view, the sphere and the people inside of it, they don't exist"
"What the hell..."