Planting Seeds

Oz was being held by the arm by someone very strong. They had been standing in the same place for quite a while as a few individuals spoke in quiet whispers. His head was grabbed hard and his hood removed. He looked to his right to see a very burly woman holding onto his arm and two men who appeared to be scientists stood in the centre of an empty room. The room looked like a storage area. There were some scientific tools scattered around the room and lights pointing in the direction of the far wall. One of the scientists nodded to the other and walked over to Oz. He was a reasonably tall man with a slim build and thick horn-rimmed glasses. He was completely clean shaven other than a small grey goatee. His eyes were dark grey, and his head was completely bald.

"Hello there" The man said "We've had to wait quite a while for you"

Oz stayed silent and stared at the man, who was now holding his hand out so that Oz could shake it. Oz did not oblige.

"Very well" he said as his hand returned to his pocket "Name?"

"Osmund"

"I'm told that you are, special"

"You were told?"

"We have managed to attain quite some information from your entourage. That information has told us that you have quite the brain"

This is not good, Oz thought. Oz knew that they probably attained the information by using nefarious means. He knew that whatever they had, Clock could probably take it, but he had now begun to really worry for Hannah and Lila. Ernest didn't deserve to be in this position either.

"So, why am I here in this empty room" Oz asked

"I think you know full well that this room is not empty" Said the bald man

Oz twitched slightly, they had brought him exactly where he wanted to be. The Sphere was here in this room, still cloaked. One must have not been able to scavenge it for parts like he had claimed. He needed Oz. Oz had kept the Tech-Man cloaked since they showed up and grabbed them at the Lab. Lucky for Oz, he had been using the Tech-Man so much that he could navigate its systems with his eyes closed.

"I can't do anything with my hands in these cuffs" Oz says

"Uncuff him" the man said

"Really? Just like that?"

"A scientist needs his hands. But do anything suspicious, and I'll make sure that the guard takes them from you permanently"

Oz turned to see the burly lady bodyguard still stood there staring at him. She uncuffed him and he rubbed his wrists that were aching. Oz walked up to the area in which the Sphere was meant to be. He held his hand out and slowly walked forward until he could feel the outer shell of the Sphere. Oz put his other hand on top of his other forearm where the Tech-Man was hidden and quickly and unnoticed he tapped in some data.

"Do you have a sonic device?" Oz asked

"Yes, why?"

"To deactivate the cloak, I will need to access the outer control panel. Obviously, I can't see it, but I can find it with a sonic locator"

The man walked over to the table and shuffled through some objects until he finally turned around and handed Oz a wand like device. Oz pressed the button and a digital display showing the sound bouncing in the room was present on the front panel of the device. He slowly walked around the sphere until he was behind it, now invisible to the others.

"Remember what I said, Osmund" the bald man said

Oz quickly tapped into the Tech-Man to see the life signs on the team. Thankfully they were all still alive, but Hannah and Clock's stress levels were through the roof, they were going through some intense trauma, he had to hurry. He had set up the Tech-Man earlier to scan as he moved around the room, he knew exactly where the outer control panel was, but he needed an excuse to get a 360-degree scan of the Sphere.

His scan completed as he came back into view of the Scientists. He placed the Sonic locator onto the ground and held his hand out.

"Flat head screwdriver?" Oz asked

"Certainly" The bald man said as he handed him one

Oz pried open a small section of the sphere and then pressed a few buttons within it. After a few seconds, the cloak began to drip away, slowly revealing the Sphere. It had been some time since Oz had seen it, it truly was quite battered from their entry into this timeline.

The Scientists and the Guard were temporarily in shock at what they were seeing so for just a moment, Oz was free to do as he wished. He quickly pulls a piece of the Tech-Man from its console and placed it within the outer control panel before shutting it's casing. Oz was planning something, and the Organisation was not going to like it.

The other scientist up until this point had been completely silent, just stood watching. He walked over to Oz and stared at him for a short while.

"Malcom, what do we do with him now?" He said to the Bald man.

"Nothing Charles, One still wants to talk to him" Malcom replies

Malcom and Charles began to both take notes on what they were seeing. Charles waved his hand in the direction of the Guard to signal to her to recuff and take Oz away. She grabbed him hard by the forearm and snapped the cuffs back into place, harder than they were before.

"Hey! That hurts, shit" Oz shouted

"Hmph" She groaned

The guard dragged Oz out of the room and for a short period of time Oz could see the hallway which was dripping wet before having the hood placed back atop his head. Where ever they were, it was close to or completely submerged in water.

They walked down the damp metal hallway for a short while before Oz was forced through a doorway and forced to the ground by the guard. She removed his hood, smirked and then walked out and locked the door. There was a small bit of light coming into the room from the bottom of the door but other than that, it was complete darkness.

"You fuckin' suck" A voice said from the darkness as Oz's heart skipped several beats

"Woah! Who the fuck?" Oz replied, startled.

The voice moved into the light, it was Clock. His head was covered in a poorly placed bandage which was saturated in dark red blood. Clocks eyes were completely blood shot, he looked broken.

"What happened to you?" Oz asked

"Fuck, I don't know, they went fuckin' mining in my brain" Clock replied

"So that's how they knew about me?"

"Maybe, they didn't get many specifics, my brain isn't built like it once was"

"Really?"

"Yup, but they got enough to realise that we ain't from around here"

"Think they did the same to Hannah?"

"What the fuck did you say?"

"Hannah's life signs, she showed extremely high levels of stress, just like yours"

Clock punched the ground in pure anger. He knew what he had gone through could not be handled by a normal human mind. Hannah could be completely brain dead by now as far as they knew.

"We have to get the fuck outta here and get Hannah and the rest of 'em" Clock states

"I've done what we needed to do. What can we do?"

"Can you open this door?"

"Yeah, I think so"

"Good, leave the rest to me"

"You don't have any weapons though?"

"I don't need any..."