Recharge

It had been 11 weeks since the group had stood on that beach, healing from their emotional and physical trauma and learning that their arch-nemesis One is in all likelihood more deadly than their own best agent. They had traveled quietly through the north of England, eventually crossing into Scotland. The Tech-Man whilst interfacing with the escape pods internal computer had managed to gather information regarding a high tech organization headquarters in Edinburgh. Luckily, Rutherford also held a residence in the city which he had expressly convinced the team that it wouldn't be discoverable to the organization. He couldn't possibly know this for sure but the team really had no other good choices. They had been in the small cottage of Rutherford's for the last 4 weeks, Clocks main duty was making sure that the team was safe and that the house was secure, he hardly slept. Hannah, Oz, and Rutherford worked tirelessly night and day in the small basement laboratory trying to figure out a way to recreate the circumstances that brought them here. Lila was the odd one out, no real job or responsibility but she also couldn't leave, she was now a target thanks to them.

James stood in the hallway, leaning up against the east wall in shadow looking out into the small front garden of the cottage. His hand rested on the hilt of the blade in which he had been skewered only weeks prior. He had gotten Oz to reforge it so he could better protect them, the real reason he wanted it reforged was far more sinister. Lila walked into the hallway, her hair free and flowing down the sides of her face, some stray locks curled down her right cheek and under her eye.

"Oh... Hi, James" Lila said, looking at the floorboards.

Clock twisted his head ever so slightly so his side glance could meet her uneasy gaze.

"Lila... everything okay?" James said

"Oh yeah, course. You?"

"Fine."

Clock turned his head again to the window in the door and continued to look out into the courtyard. Lila thought he was hurt or that he was just trying to be strong for the team. Both were true but only a small portion of what was actually on Clock's mind. One had access to not only better tech than him but its totally reasonable to think that he must also have more advanced combat training as well. One had somehow managed to find himself here in the past and slither his way into this secret organization which has near limitless resources and clock had a half-broken sword, that's it. Things did not look good.

James jolted and gripped the hilt of his broken sword tightly and widened his gaze. Lila shook and looked around frantically, she couldn't see anything.

"James... what is it? Is it One?" Lila whispered

"..." James held his hand up to shush her "No... it's clapping"

"Clapping?"

"In the basement. They are clapping, let's go"

Clock moved past her quickly and raced towards the wooden door under the stairs that lead to the basement. He opened it and did not walk through.

"Lila..." He said, ushering her to go first "Come on."

Lila went ahead and they both moved briskly down the stairs and into the basement. The rooms lights were dim and there were various paper records all over the floor as if they had been thrown into the sky and let fall randomly to the ground. Clock knew what this was, this was a celebration.

Rutherford was being hugged very tightly by Hannah and he was rubbing her shoulder. Oz was frantically jotting down notes on the Tech-Man, his tongue slightly poking out in concentration. Hannah opened her smiling eyes and noticed Clock and Lila stood in the doorway.

"James!" Hannah rushed over "We've bloody got it!"

"Got what?" James asked

"An answer!" She said, still shaking with excitement "...and it's all thanks to Ernest!"