C.44

Harry looked over at Zayn as he laughed over something The Weeknd, or Abel as Selena insisted people to call him, said. They were in a small restaurant that Selena had reserved earlier when they had made plans to hangout together. Looking once more over to Zayn who was sitting across him, he smiled. He knew he was probably staring, but Zayn for him was mesmerizing. As he was still laughing his dark eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. Zayn directed his eyes toward Harry and they exchanged a smile. Harry felt himself blushing.
This was nice he thought.
"You're totally smitten." Harry turned his surprised glance towards Selena. With all the staring he had forgotten that she was sitting right next to him.
"I don't know what you're talking about." he whispered back trying to sound as convincing as possible. Selena rolled her eyes and took a sip of her wine glass.
"Oh please, you can't fool me. I wasn't born yesterday you know. I know love when I see it. I mean come on, I have Taylor Swift as my best friend." Harry coughed trying to hide the laughter that was about to come out because of Selena's comment.
Zayn hearing Harry coughed stopped his conversation with Abel and gave a worried glance towards Harry.
« You're okay, Harry ? Need some water ? I can call the waiter if needed. » Harry shook his head to refuse the proposal.
« Ok, I might be a tiny bit in love with him. » he whispered to Selena avoiding her glance. She scoffed into her wine glass.
« A tiny bit ? Every time you look at him it's like he hung up the moon for you. When he smiles at you or worries for you you smile and become a deep purple red. You look like a 5 years old with a crush ! And don't even get me started with —

« Ok ok, I get it ! »Harry said waving her off. « But it doesn't matter because he's not gay... or doesn't feel the same way for me.. » Harry frowned. He didn't like thinking about Zayn not reciprocating his feelings for him. It was still kind of hard to accept the « only friends statuts ». He'd thought at first that it was because they were touring together and that Zayn didn't want to mix work and feelings, like he had done in the past. He'd gotten super excited when Zayn had booked them flights for Venice, just for the two of them. But it'd been three days already and nothing... Tomorrow was the 25th of March and they were leaving for Paris to meet up with Niall, Louis and Liam. Harry had lost all hope for something to come from Zayn.

Selena saw the way her friend was hurt by the situation. She'd been in a similar situation with Abel before they got together and she'd understood that if she wanted something with Abel then she'd had to go for it. And that's what she'd done.

« Look Harry, I know you might not believe me but trust me on this. Zayn, even if maybe he doesn't see it himself, loves you. It's so obvious even a blind person could see it. It's the way he looks at you. Cares for you and even talks about you. You know when we went out for dinner just the two of us, he kept asking about you. It's easy to see that you mean the world to him. And I think that if he doesn't see it, maybe it's your job to show him. »
Harry stared back at Zayn. He knew Selena was right. But he was so scared of rejection..
« But how ? » Selena gave him a small smile.
« Just be you Harry, open your heart and tell him how you really feel. If that doesn't work. I don't know what will. » Harry squeezed her hand and nodded.
He was doing this tonight.

« Well that was nice. » They were standing outside the restaurant. Luckily for them, the paparazzis hadn't been informed about  their presence in this part of the town so the streets were quiet.
« Well you should thank your girlfriend Abel, she's the one who invited us. »

Abel smiled at Selena and leaned down and kissed her. Ending their goodbyes Selena and Abel were guided to their car. As they were stepping in, Selena turned around and mouthed good luck to Harry. Harry quietly chuckled and waved her away. This Selena girl was something else.

« What was that ? » Harry turned towards Zayn and shook his head.
« It's nothing, Selena being Selena. »
Zayn started directed them towards the car that was waiting for them. Harry took a deep breath deciding himself.
He pulled Zayn by the arm and pulled him towards him.
« Euh Zayn, I don't feel like going back to the hotel just yet. »
Zayn stared at were Harry's hand was on him and then back at Harry. Nothing saying anything at first they just stood there. Then Zayn giggled and started walking.