Thirty nine

Jimin-
I sit up from Jennie's floor. Jackson is yelling at me to pick up my ringing phone. We all have a major low after we came back to reality. I grab my phone and see it's Yoongi. I look at the time to see it's ten, when he usually picks me up on Saturdays.
I answer it and leave the room so the other stoners will stop crying. "Hey babe, why are you calling?"
"Well, I just stopped by your house. Your dad says you're at a friends. I figured I'd just come and pick you up. Just send me the address," my boyfriend says happily. "We have a big today! You finally are going to meet my parents."
"Shit," I groan. "Babe, I completely forgot!"
"It's okay, we can get back to my apartment and you can take a shower there. If you don't have clean clothes you can wear something of mine, not sure they'll fit that fine ass though."
I bite my lip. "Okay, Yeah. I'll send you the address. See you in a bit."
"Love you!"
I hang up and run back I tot he room. "Guys, Yoong will be here soon, what do I do? I smell like weed and I'm supposed to meet his parents today!"
Jennie sits up. "Go get something from my brothers room, he won't mind."
"Jen, your brother is twelve! I can't fit into his clothes!" I say, starting to panic.
"Shit, calm down. Maybe he won't notice," Mark says.
"He noticed when I lost four pounds. Smelling like drugs that he's done before will not go unnoticed."
"Spray some perfume on, it'll cover it up," Jennie suggests.
"Your Sugar Bean Noel wont cover up anything! It can barely cover up the smell of the Warm Vanilla Sugar hair gel you use!" I say.
"Why does he know the name?" Jackson asks.
"And the difference..." Mark adds. "Try my cologne." He tosses me a can of axe.
I step out of the room and spray it around me, trying to to gag. "I think that'll work."
"Yeah, now you just gotta worry about him getting jealous that you smell like Mark's cologne," Jennie says.
Jackson hits her leg. "Shut up. It'll be fine Jimin, he trusts you. Let's go get our teeth brushed." He pas my back.
I follow him to the bathroom. I start to feel guilt eat at me. Jackson's right, Yoongi does trust me. He trust me even though he shouldn't. I've lied about where I am and what I'm doing. He thinks we hang out at each other's houses for movies, but instead we are going out to parties and getting stoned.
Jackson hands me my toothbrush that I have at Jennie's. We each have our own toothbrushes at each other's houses. Hygiene is a very important thing. Just before I finish up, the doorbell rings. Jennie's dog starts barking and it's followed by Jennie greeting the guest.
"Puppy!" I hear Yoongi squeal.
"Jimie, your boyfriends here!" Jennie yells.
I wash my thigh brush and set it on the counter. I grab my bag, leaving my bong, and go to greet Yoongi. He's playing with the small dog while talking to Jen about it. Yoongi sees me and smiles. He stands up. "Ready?"
I nod. He takes my hand. I yell a goodbye to my friends before we shut the door. Yoongi opens the door for me, then gets in on his side. He look at me and sighs. "Weed, really?"
I stare at him stunned. "H-how'd you-"
"You all are hung over, the entire house reeks of it, and you failed to cover it up with someone's cologne," he says. His voice is a little cold. I look at my lap, a little ashamed.
"I'm sorry," I whisper.
"Why? What are you sorry about?" He asks, sounding a bit pissed.
"I didn't tell you what I was actually doing. I'm sorry I wasn't completely honest and tried to hide it from you. I promise they didn't talk me into doing it. I chose on my own, I really like it," I ramble. "I don't want you to be mad at me."
"I don't really want to talk about this right now. You know your mistake, now you need to figure out how to fix it. Let's lighten the mood and talk about good things now," Yoongi says, turning the music up a little.
---
"Hurry up baby, they're going to be here soon!" Yoongi shouts.
I finish rinsing my hair and turn off the shower. I smell like pumpkin spice, typical November smell. I dry myself and out on the pants and nice shirt Yoongi gave me. He wanted me to wear something more casual, but I want to make a good first impression. I want to appear mature. I comb my hair nicely and join Yoongi in the kitchen.
"What are you cooking?" I ask, skipping cover to him.
He takes some cut up meat out of the oven. "Lamb skewers." He smiles at me. "You smell better, and pumpkin definitely doesn't match your hair." He pats my pink head.
"Help me with cooking Jiminie," he says.
I nodded and helped Yoongi finish the meal. He set out the fanciest plates he had and the best wine. He pointed his finger at me and told me that I cannot have any. "Unless they tell you to have some, but not if they ask. If they some like 'join us with wine' then yes, both otherwise no."
There's a knock at the door. Yoongi sprints to the door and opens it. He greets his parents formally and bows multiple times. When they come into my view I bow twice at them. His father looks at me while his mother studies his apartment.
"I see you've cleaned up a little, and there's less black," his mother says.
Yoongi nods. "That's Jimin, he's always making sure I pick up my mess. And he thought the black was too gloomy so he added color," he says proudly.
I step closer. "Hello, I'm Park Jimin," I say, bowing again.
His mother smiles back and bows. His father stares at me before turning away. "Isn't Jimin a girl name?" He asks, his voice is deeper and more of a growl than Yoongi's.
"Dad-"
"Uh, it is. My mom named me Jimin because she wanted a girl. I think it fits though," I say, trying to fake a smile. Yoongi holds my hand at the mention of my mother.
"Ah, well, your hair doesn't help the girliness," his dad says.
I nod and keep my mouth shut. His mom shoots a glare at him but no one says anything. Yoongi breaks the silence by suggesting dinner. They agree and sit down, waiting for Yoongi and I to serve them. His dad and Yoongi sit at the ends of the table while his mom and I sit on the sides.
"So, Yoongi said you were young. How young exactly?" His dad asks, eating the side dish I prepared.
"Uh, I'm eighteen," I say.
He looks at me before turning to his son. "Really? You're his babysitter not boyfriend," he scowls.
"That's not true. He is very mature and responsible. I love him a lot dad. Please respect that," Yoongi says. I rest my hand on his knee under the table to keep him from getting angry.
"Are you in school?" His mom asks.
I nod. "I'm graduating high school next semester. But I'm taking mostly college courses."
"Oh, what for?" She asks. Her face resembles Yoongi's a lot. They have the same eyes, they light up the same when when they are interested.
"Writing. But I'm doing dance on the side," I say.
"Oh, do you want to be a writer?"
I shrug. "I hope so. It's be fun, plus I could help Yoongi with his job."
"He's also a very good singer. I'm thinking about letting record something in the studio," Yoongi smiles.
I grin and my eyes light up. "You mean it?"
He nods. "Of course. Then maybe Hoseok could help you choreograph it. You could preform your own music for finals."
I nod. "That's be amazing."
"What do your parents do?" Yoongi's dad asks.
"My dad's a lawyer. Very good I might add," I say.
"And your mother?"
I bite my lip. "She isn't in my life." Yoongi places his hand on top of mine.
"Oh no, I'm sorry. Why is that?" His mom asks.
I shake my head. "No, it's for the better. She was arrested this summer for abusing me."
The table silences. Yoongi's mom had a sad expression on her face. His dad doesn't blink an eye. I continue eating my food, trying to make it seem less awkward. Yoongi hides a little behind his wine glass.
"May I ask about it?" His mother asks. I no. "Okay, what happened."
"She was an alcoholic. The abuse went on for a little less than a year. My dad didn't really notice it as much as he should have, he always had to work. They started fighting about her drinking so much, she released her anger out on me and such," I say. "This summer I went on a vacation with Yoongi and our friends. I told my dad and he was moved out by then. My mom didn't know so when I came back she punished me for it. I was hospitalized and she was arrested." I try not to show any emotion or have any in my voice. I don't want to look weak.
"Oh, baby that's terrible," his mother says. "You seem to have been through a lot."
"He had, but he's strong," Yoongi says, smiling at me. "He's been through a lot."
"And that means?" His dad questions.
"Last year people started sexually harassing him at school. Two kids were expelled, a few more were suspended," Yoongi says. "That's why he lives with his dad in Busan. He dad wanted him to have a fresh start and be away from all the bad memories."
"So you two are long distance?" His mom asks.
I nod. "But we make time to text each other everyday and call as after as possible. I come and visit almost every weekend."
"That's nice," she smiles.
Dinner passes by a little more quiet. The party moves towards the couch. Since it isn't that big, I grab a chair from the table and sit in it next to Yoongi. His dad starts stressing about what Yoongi is doing with his life. They soon start getting into an argument.
"No, I have a stable job. I don't need a bigger apartment. I have a nice car, and my dream life. Why doesn't that matter to you?!" Yoongi exclaims.
"Because happiness isn't always what's important! You have to be financially stable. What are you going to do if you get fired?" His dad shoots back.
"I have a college degree, I can do shit." I place my hand over his, trying to clam him down. Holly jumps on my lap protectively.
"You aren't thinking for the future! Do you really think this is all going to last? Your job, your slut, your happiness? You think it'll last?"
Yoongi stands up and stands over his father. "You will not talk about my boyfriend like that," he growls. "He has done nothing but tolerate your rudeness all evening. I'm sorry you can't accept the fact that I'm gay and I'm finally in a good relationship. But you will not take that out on him."
I move Holly off my lap and grab Yoongi's arm. "Baby, lets go clam down." I pull him towards his bedroom. "Please excuse us for a moment Mr. and Mrs. Min." I close the door behind us.
His eyes are stuck glaring at the door. "That fucking asshole. This was a bad idea, I should've never invited them over," he growls. His eyes are dark and hooded. I've never seen him like his, aside from when the whole drunk Hoseok thing happened.
"Yoongi," I say softly.
"Who does he think he is?" He ignores me. "Coming into my house and disrespecting my family like that!"
My heart flutters at him calling me his family. I cup his face with my hands. He looks at me and his eyes soften. "I'm sorry baby," he says. He buries his head in my neck. "You're anything but a slut. You are so good for me and I don't care what he says. I love you and that's all that matters."
I smile and let his hair. "I love you too. I'm fine I promise. You need to remember to stay calm or else this will never be solved. Why don't we ask them to leave and we can spend the rest of the night cuddling and watching tv."
He nods. He takes my hand and leads me out of the room. His dad has a scowl tattooed onto his face. Yoongi clears his voice. "I think it's time you guys should get going," Yoongi says.
"This isn't over, Yoongi. You're going to see someday. If you don't stop them, sluts will sleep with you for your money," his dad grumbles, standing up and going to the door.
Yoongi squeezes my hand slightly to clam us both. Yoongi's mom stands up and gives Yoongi a hug. She pulls my in too. "I'm sorry about him. It's going to take him a while to get used to you. If it helps, I like you. Welcome to the family Jimin," she says. I smile and thank her. She takes her time leaving and lets his dad wait on her. She smiles warmly and closes the door.
Yoongi lets out a sigh. "Let's go watch a movie, yeah?" I nod. I sit on the couch and let him lay his head on my lap. Holly sits next to him since they fit perfectly on the couch. I play with Yoongi's hair throughout the movie before realizing he's asleep. I smile and take a few photos of him and Holly.
"My favorite baby boys," I coo.