chapter two | the team

❝A team is not just someone you need to protect. It's also someone who'll protect you❞

คઝ

Kuroko walked towards Teiko's Basketball Team's First String's court. He found Aomine and Kise inside, probably playing one-on-one again while quarreling about who's better between them two. Aomine's insisting that Kise should respect him because he's like a senpai to him, entering the basketball team before Kise. But the latter argued that they are just in the same age and that he could be better than Aomine.

He saw Midorima and Murasakibara on the side. Midorima is probably lecturing Murasakibara again because of his eating habits and irresponsibility. While Murasakibara is probably pointing out Midorima's obsessiveness of Oha-Asa which can also be a bad thing.

Akashi was sitting on the bench, just looking at his teammates while smiling a little. He's used to these scenes during the practice. The Generation of Miracles, including the Phantom Sixth Man, even need to have their own practice time because the other players might be troubled by the mess they're making.

The argument will probably end immediately if Akashi would stop them but he chose to not interfere and just waited for Kuroko to come.

"Guys! What's happening now?" Kuroko exclaimed as he entered the court.

"TETSU! KISE IS TRYING TO SAY HE'S BETTER THAN ME! I ENTERED THE BASKETBALL TEAM ONE YEAR BEFORE HE DID AND I'M BETTER THAN HIM, RIGHT?!"

"AOMINECCHI'S BEING SO UNREASONABLE! WE ALL KNOW THAT I COULD BE BETTER THAN HIM, RIGHT KUROKOCCHI?! YET HE'S USING HIS EXPERIENCE AGAINST ME!"

"MURASAKIBARA'S BEING MESSY AND ANNOYING AGAIN, KUROKO! HE'S NOT SERIOUS ABOUT PRACTICE AND IS OBVIOUSLY SLACKING OFF EATING THOSE GROSS FOOD!"

"MIDOCHIN IS REALLY ANNOYING! HE KEEPS ON STOPPING ME FROM EATING AND SLEEPING! AND I'M NOT SLACKING OFF, YOU KNOW THAT KUROCHIN!"

"I'M BETTER THAN YOU!"

"YOU'RE NOT MY SENPAI!"

"STOP SLACKING OFF!"

"I AM NOT SLACKING OFF!"

Akashi is preventing himself from laughing while watching Kuroko trying to stop them. He admits that the other reason why he doesn't stop his teammates is because his sixth man is so cute trying to fix the mess they've made.

While the others still arguing, Kuroko just threw a ball that hit them all, "Can you all calm down and stop this?" He said in a calm but scary voice.

And one more reason is because Akashi is so confident that his Tetsuya will be able to solve this himself. After all, Akashi may be the scariest but Kuroko is more than that when really angry.

The others looked at him nervously and all ran to hide behind Akashi. While the red-head captain just chuckled.

"Okay, that's enough. Let's practice now."

This was what happened during Kuroko's first weeks in the first string. But things do change, after all.

~

AOMINE'S

I stared at the night sky while laying down on the rooftop. Tetsu's game just ended and I feel a little relieved right now. Aggh, it makes me wanna play basketball!