chapter nine | still

❝ you broke your own heart loving him. ❞

คઝ

"Akashi can be such a brat sometimes," Nijimura complained to the guy in front of him, "I'm surprise you can keep up with him."

Kuroko chuckled, "Don't give me that, senpai. You're the first one to ever keep up with Akashi-kun. We're actually just following your lead. Besides, it's not his fault that his father gave him a lot of work."

"Yeah, and because of that, I had to fetch you in the station where you two were suppose to meet and have a date. I feel like a bodyguard AND a rebound, you know!" He complained once again but this time, jokingly. It's not really a pain to fetch Kuroko, and to accompany him when he said he wanted to take a walk.

Kuroko smiled at him, "But, thank you for accompanying me, Nijimura-senpai. I really appreciate it even though you don't need to."

"Well, it's mainy because Akashi is such a jerk" He scratched the back of his head before looking away, "and also because I don't mind spending the day with you, especially because it's a draw in our one-on-one yesterday."

The two stopped at a park. Kuroko decided to sit on a swing, while putting down the bags of the things he bought. Nijimura just stood there, in front of him, looking at the setting sun.

"Nijimura-senpai," Kuroko called him which caused him to look at the bluenette, "Do you...like Akashi-kun?"

His eyes widened and his cheeks reddened, "W-What are you saying, Kuroko?! Of course not!"

"Then." Kuroko looked at him in the eyes before saying, "You don't want me for Akashi-kun?"

Nijimura stopped. He somehow knows why Kuroko is asking such things. Well, it's expected. It's obviously because of the recent events, which he tried to cover up as a joke. But well, it seems like it's time to tell the truth to Kuroko.

"Why would you say that?" He asked before turning his back to the shadow, and walking a little bit away from him.

"It's because.."

"It's not as if I don't want you for him, Kuroko." Nijimura continued to look at the beautiful sky, "It's because..I'm worried."

Worried? Kuroko is now confused. Why would his senpai be worried about him and Akashi?

"You sure noticed that there is another Akashi. A different personality. And probably a heartless one. You're the best thing that ever happened to Akashi, Kuroko. And I'm happpy. But I'm also worried that you two might just hurt yourselves. So I'm helping you two. I want you to be stronger and to stay with each other no matter what. I want Akashi to stay happy, and so I wanted you two to stay together. 'Cause we both know that the other Akashi might show up sooner."

"You don't have to worry, Nijimura-senpai." Kuroko stood up, and walked beside the older. "Me and Akashi-kun...we'll go past through that."

Nijimura turned to face him, and with a serious face he said, "I know. But that's not the only thing I'm worried about."

"You sure know about Akashi's father, right?"

~

"Yes," Kuroko answered. His voice is serious but it's soft. His face is serious too, and of course the word that cam out his mouth is the answer Nijimura is already expecting.

"You told me you two would pass through it. I don't know how should I describe it. Did you lie? or did you fail?" He faced the shadow, a serious expression written all over his face, "Now that I think about it, he never really admitted that you two are together."

Kuroko was getting irritated. Why does Nijimura even care?! Is he planning to lecture him right here? He doesn't have any right to! All of this might even be the result of the things he did to 'make them stronger' back in middle school!

"I warned you, Kuroko."

"So?" His voice was cold, much to Nijimura's shock. "Why do you care? Are you going to lecture me now? Say that this was all my fault? ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME HE DIDN'T EVEN LOVE ME?! THAT I SHOULD'VE JUST GAVE UP FROM THE START? THAT WE HAVE NO CHANCE OF BEING TOGETHER?! WHAT?!"

Kuroko ever really shouted before. Not much. He was never angry, he's always calm and collected. He always wear this emotionless expression. And right now, he's not mad. He's hurt. Because he knows that Nijimura might be right. Maybe Akashi never really loved him. Maybe they will never be happy.

"There's no need for you to say that." Kuroko's already crying. But he continued talking. He needs to tell him already, right here, right now. If he didn't, then the emotions would be heavier— "Because I already gave up on him, senpai."

Nijimura's eyes widened.

"I already did. The moment they all changed, the moment they played my friend, the moment they threw away the teamwork I've always believed in, I gave up on him. That's why I left before the championship game, and that's why I chose to fight them. I'm too busy proving the basketball of the Generation of Miracles was wrong, and I didn't even realize that the Akashi I loved was still there, probably apologizing for what the other side of him did, and for hurting me. He didn't gave me up and he's still hoping that I'll save him. But I didn't. Not until I defeated him."

Kuroko slowly broke down. Nijimura caught him before he even hit the ground. Kuroko looked at his former captain, still crying.

"That's why now, I will never give him up. Even though he pushes me away, even though he already gave up, even though I have no chance of having him back, I'll still try. Because maybe, maybe, I'll get back my Akashi-kun once again."

"You're hurting yourself, Kuroko." Nijimura's eyes were full of concern. "Why?"

"Because I love him."

~

Kuroko sat on the bench in the park where he's waiting for someone. He smiled a little, rubbing his hands against each other because of the cold. The person he's waiting for is already 30 minutes late, but he doesn't mind.

He will never mind.

"Sorry I'm late." 

He looked at the red haired person in front of him. He smiled once again.

He still loves this guy. He will always do.

คઝ

HEYYYYYY. IT'S ME AGAAAIIIN~ Today we're with

Nijimura: Yo!

Our amazing former captaiiiin! The one who keeps troubling AkaKuro! You can kill him now!

Nijimura: O-oi!

Well then, see you next chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!

P.S. I published this part since I was happy because of the ranks of this book and the 1.05K views! Stay tuned~!

-ιиνιѕιвℓєѕєνєитєєитн