chapter twelve | basketball

❝ why don't you start from the things you both love the most? ❞

คઝ

"Uggh, exams are hard!" Aomine complained as he leaned on the chair, bored. Kuroko just chuckled as he sees his light struggle because of the Math exam that just ended, "Don't laugh at me, Tetsu."

"I'm not laughing at you, Aomine-kun." Kuroko replied with his usual expression and voice.

"Say, do you have a date with Akashi today or something?" Aomine asked which made the shadow blush. He smirked as Kuroko looked away.

"N-no."

"Good! 'Cause you're going with me to the court to play basketball. I really missed playing-"

"Unfortunately, that will be impossible, Daiki." They both turned to the guy who just entered the room. It was Akashi Seijuro, obviously.

"Oh? Do you have business with Tetsu, Akashi?" He teased the emperor, but Akashi just smirked at him.

"Not exactly. But you cannot have play with him. It's because you are not allowed to play basketball, or enter the school's court until the exams are over; and if you still failed, you will not be allowed to play basketball for a long time."

Aomine gritted his teeth slightly, but he smirked when he said, "Again?" He sighed before standing up, grabbing his bag and left the room.

Kuroko hurriedly stood up and walked towards Akashi, "Sei-kun...you know how much Aomine-kun loves basketball. And it just pressures him when you tell it like that."

"Tetsuya, I understand. But the principal and the coach wants the players to maintain their high grades-"

"Shh. I know. But we need to motivate Aomine-kun in a way he'll understand completely and accept fully." Kuroko smiled.

Akashi just sighed before running his hand in the shadow's hair and saying, "You really manage to control my actions, Tetsuya."

The next day, at dismissal, the three of Generation of Miracles, along with Kuroko, walked together on the way home. It wasn't long when a certain small devil— and I mean red-haired midget [#sorrynotsorry]— caught up to them and asked if he can join them. The three looked surprised (and suspicious) but the Phantom Sixth Man just smiled.

"I wonder where Minechin went." Murasakibara started the conversation, while eating his favorite maiubo.

"I checked the results of the exams of each player in the basketball club earlier. It seems Aomine have such high grades for the exams today. I wonder why," Midorima commented, before adjusting his glasses and secretly glancing at Akashi.

"Who knows. It's a good news, though." Akashi smirked at him before walking faster to catch up with Kuroko.

A moment later, a guy with a smile plastered across his face joined them. Aomine is obviously in a good mood, and of course they wondered why.

"Yesterday, when I was about to go home, I found a few high schoolers bullying some middle schoolers on a street court. When I went to stop them, they ask me to play basketball with them. I won! And the middle schoolers thanked me, and told me to promise them to never stop playing basketball with the talent I had. So, I studied last night to achieve high scores today, and I did!" Aomine cheered, "You see now, Akashi? I will not stop playing basketball no matter what it takes!"