chapter six | give me up

❝You can't stop a person who is to stubborn to give up. ❞

คઝ

"Kuroko doesn't give up easily, you know."

Midorima adjusts his glasses as he smirked teasingly at Akashi, who glared at him. The red haired looks so troubled and asked Midorima for help, which is new.

"When he's mad or sulking, he will not talk to you for days," he told Akashi, who was thinking of ways on how to make Kuroko forgive him.

"I know that, Shintaro." Akashi replied sharply, "That's why I'm not giving up."

The green haired sighed, and stood up before saying, "You know I can't help you when it comes to those things. You should ask Kise for help." He left the room leaving the restless captain thinking in their classroom.

After a few minutes, Akashi decided to do Midorima's suggestion and immediately went to Kise to ask for his help. As he went to see the blonde, he found him with Murasakibara and Aomine eating in Maji Burger.

"Yo, Akashi. Is there something wrong?" Aomine asked as soon as he saw Akashi walked towards their way.

The captain looked at Kise seriously before saying, "How can I make Tetsuya forgive me?" He asked bluntly.

The other three were shocked because of his sudden question, and wondered why Kuroko is mad at the emperor. So Kise asked, "Why? What happened?"

"It's none of your business." Akashi shook his head a little.

"But... Akachin, if you won't tell us what happened, we won't figure out what you should do to make Kurochin forgive you," Murasakibara convincingly said, which made Akashi think. Kise made a 'good-job' look but Murasakibara just made a "i-just-want-to-know-what-happened-as-well" look.

"Okay then. Well, yesterday, we were supposed to have a date at a restaurant. I was still attending my special classes and I couldn't fetch Tetsuya so I told him to wait and meet me at a train station," Akashi calmly explained, "But then, my father gave me loads of work that I forgot about our date and made him wait until late night. When I called him, he was so mad at me."

"Idiot Akashicchi. You really need to make efforts for him to forgive you," Kise said and quickly gave him advice and examples of what he could do to make Kuroko forgive him.

The next day, Akashi came to Kuroko's place with a bunch of flowers. Though Kuroko ignored him completely, the bluenette is still flattered because of his effort. But Akashi didn't stop there. The day after that, he bought Kuroko a lot of food. Then, he gave Kuroko chocolates.

And finally, the last day of his efforts is when he bought Kuroko a lot of vanilla milkshakes. The shadow already planned to forgive Akashi because of his efforts, and besides, he couldn't resist the milkshake.

So the next day after that, the two were seen together again by the Generation of Miracles.

~

"Are you sure it will be alright, Midorimacchi?" Kise whispered to Midorima worriedly, looking at two people who is currently on each side of the long table, facing each other, "I mean, will it be alright for these two? You know what happened last week, right?"

Midorima sighed, "They should forget about their problem first. This is an important event."

"So, Midorima. Why are we gathered here?" Aomine asked while leaning on his chair, obviously bored.