chapter eight | let's talk

❝ just remember that i'm always here for you. ❞

คઝ

Kuroko stood there, looking at the red haired drenched in sweat after a few minutes of practicing. There were no one left, aside from the two of them. Akashi insisted to practice basketball a little longer, while Kuroko insisted to stay with him even though the other is telling him to go home already.

"Why did you want to practice longer, Sei-kun?" the bluenette asked, handing him a towel and a water tumbler. Akashi just smiled at him, drank a little and wiped his sweat. He was breathing heavily, Kuroko noticed. It seems like he really put extra effort on practicing.

"I'm going to play against Nijimura-san tomorrow. That's why I really need to practice hard. I have no intention of losing," Akashi simply stated before sitting down on a bench. Kuroko joined him and held his hand, which made him look shockingly at the bluenette.

"Well, whatever it is, don't push yourself too hard. You're already fine and perfect, Sei-kun," Kuroko told him, which made Akashi smile and hold the other's hand a little bit tighter. How lucky he is to have Kuroko by his side.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Kuroko decided to already leave the gym and the school, because it's already getting late. So the two walked around the area a little longer. They walked past Maji Burger and stayed at the park where they always hang out.

"Why did senpai suddenly want to have a game with you?" Kuroko asked out of the blue, while they were both staring at the starry sky, sitting on a bench, holding hands. It's quite a cute scene to see.

"Well my dear Tetsuya," Akashi chuckled, "The events that happened yesterday made it happen."

"Yesterday? You mean when Nijimura senpai teased you and tried to flirt with me?" Kuroko recalled what happened. "I must admit you're cute when you're jealous, Sei-kun," he said with a serious face, which definitely does not go with each other.

"Stop teasing me, Tetsuya."

It's Kuroko's time to chuckle, "So, what's with that? Isn't it just a joke?"

"Apparently," Akashi sighed, "He told me that he will seriously ask you out. He also said it's because it seems like I have no intention of confirming our relationship. He said that I should stop being a- nevermind that. But yeah, he did challenge me on a one-on-one and if he wins, he gets to ask you out. He's really teasing me!"

The red haired seem irritated because of it so Kuroko just smiled because he knows Nijimura is just joking. But he hugged him, "Then, win for me, will you?"

~

"Will you, Kuroko?"

"Nijimura-senpai.." Kuroko muttered, looking at the guy standing in front of him while he's sitting. Look, he's already small, okay? Then this tall guy's standing makes him even more so. Nijimura have his hand extended a little to him, as if asking for his hand.

"Just a day, Kuroko. I just want to spend a day with you. Just you and me. Will you accept?" He smiled warmly. The others just looked at them as if it was a scene from a movie. Yesterday was the surprise birthday party for their former captain, and today is when they decided to go home already after they spent the night at his apartment.

"Just accept, Tetsu. You know that idiot will not stop until you say yes," Aomine commented, which made him receive a wink from Nijimura that made him puke falsely.

"Well then, I shall accept senpai." Kuroko stood up, accepting the hand of Nijimura who helped him.

"Don't do anything bad to Kuroko, Nijimura-san. It's not that I care-nanodayo," Midorima said before the 4 of them left the apartment. A certain red haired already left last night. He did say that there's something he needs to do and he cannot stay longer, but Nijimura knows its because of what he told him.

Now the two were left alone. It's been a while. Kuroko took the chance to stare at this black haired beside him, looking at the four guys walking away. He didn't change a little. Maybe he grew taller, yes, but there's still this warmth that Kuroko likes so much. The warmth that makes him comfortable.

Nijimura Shuzo is, after all, the guy he's secretly close to, even though they don't talk much in public.

"Stop staring, Kuroko. You might end up falling for me," Nijimura jokingly stated, "And I might end up getting killed tomorrow."

Of course Kuroko knows what that means, but he refuses to agree. "Fortunately, that won't happen anymore, Nijimura-senpai. We're not together anymore."

"What do you mean?" Nijimura chuckled, "I'm preferring to being dead because of your cuteness. After all, are you two even together?"

Kuroko's eyes widened.

"Why don't we take a walk, Kuroko?"

~

Feels nostalgic. Kuroko wondered. He closed his eyes as they stood in front of a big gate of a big school. It's been so long since he last saw this place. And he certainly did not expect that the meaning of 'take a walk' Nijimura suggested is to travel a little bit far to walk around this place.

TEIKO MIDDLE SCHOOL. He silently read the sign and smiled. Nijimura walked in which surprised Kuroko but he soon followed.

"Nijimura-senpai. Are you sure it's okay to enter-"

"Don't worry, Kuroko. I asked permission, and besides, there are no classes." Nijimura smiled before holding Kuroko's hand. The latter just shrugged it off and they walked around the school together. Slowly, just like reminiscing memories.

They walked around the actual school grounds, the classrooms, the gym, the garden and other more places. The sun is about to set, and so an alarm from Nijimura's phone goes off. He quickly turned it off and smirked before dragging a confused Kuroko up the rooftop. The two stared at the beautiful sunset in the sky and smiled because of the breath-taking scene.

"Kuroko," Nijimura called his name, which caused him to look at his senpai. But Nijimura is still staring at the sky, "Let's talk."

Six words came out from Nijimura's mouth, which made a tear escape Kuroko's eyes.

"You still love him, don't you?"

คઝ

...hi guys..hehe

I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING GONE FOR MANY WEEKS! IT REALLY TOOK ME A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER BECAUSE THERE'S NO IDEA CROSSING MY MIND. BUT NOW THAT SCHOOL'S NEAR FOR ME HERE, MY MIND IS ALREADY FULL OF IDEAS AND I MANAGED TO WRITE A LOT OF CHAPTERS IN ADVANCE (yeah, this is unusual) AND IT'S ALSO A KIND OF THANK YOU FOR YOU GUYS BECAUSE THIS STORY HAVE A LOT OF VOTES AND READS AND COMMENTS AND THIS WAS INCLUDED IN SOME KIND OF RANKING.

btw, I think the cover is cool. what do you think? do you want me to stop making these useless ugly covers already? hehe~

So, I hope you like this chapter and....I SHIP NIJIKURO! *flips hair* BYEEEE!~

-ιиνιѕιвℓєѕєνєитєєитн