chapter twenty three | tears

❝ crying is how your heart speaks, when your lips can't explain the pain you feel  ❞

คઝ

“Have you ever seen Akashicchi cry?”

The whole court became quiet. Aomine opened his eyes, Midorima stopped taping his fingers, Murasakibara paused from munching his snacks, Kuroko held back the basketball he was about to throw to the hoop and Momoi clicked the pen she was using to close it. Everyone just looked at Kise curiously.

“What idiocy are you saying again, Kise?”

“Good thing Akachin's not here.”

“No! I mean- just wonder! I've never seen Akashicchi sad before. He just keeps a straight face and I don't even know if he's going through something or not.”

“That's just Akashi's usual face and personality. You don't have to be weirded out. We've never seen him cry before as well, but if he ever became sad or worried, he surely won't show us.” Aomine explained.

“Well, who's the closest with Akashicchi?”

Aomine looked around and pointed at Midorima, “Megane.”

The vice-captain threw his tape at Aomine's head which he received complaints from.

“Don't look at me. Kuroko's the one he's most obsessed with.”

Everyone then looked at the phantom sixth man who blushed very lightly and looked away.

“Mou, don't tease Tetsu-kun!”

“W.. well, if we talk about opening out feelings-” Kuroko stated- “I think Akashi-kun would be most comfortable with Nijimura-senpai.”

They all looked upward to wonder, and had the same realization at the same time.

“The previous captain?” Kise asked.

“Right! They were really close. I mean, Akashi was surely Nijimura's favorite kouhai.”

Unbeknownst to them, Akashi was just outside the court, hearing their conversations.

'Idiots. I would never cry.' he thought as he smirked. But that smirk slowly vanished when he thinks about it more. 'And even if I will... they're right... '

He wouldn't hesitate to show his weak and vulnerable side to Kuroko. He loves him more than anything and he knows he will accept him. However, it is true that if it comes to showing his feelings, Nijimura has always been the one he's most comfortable with.

Maybe because his senpai will probably give the best advice if he breaks down in front of him.

Not that he's ever done it before.

~

“The young master hasn't been eating for almost 3 days now,” the maid told Midorima, who just arrived at the Akashi Manor, “We didn't know what to do. Thank you for coming, Midorima Shintaro-san.”

Midorima just gave her a quick nod before rushing to the redhead's bedroom. He knocked three times.

“Akashi,” he called out but he received no response. He sighed as he knocked once more, “Akashi. Let me in.”

“Leave, Shintaro.”

Midorima became more worried as he heard the other's voice. He sounds so weak, so sad, so lifeless. Midorima adjusted his glasses, he have no idea what Akashi feels right now, all he knows is that he's hurting. And he doesn't want that.