chapter nineteen | rain

please please reread chapter fourteen and seventeen for this! don't proceed if you don't remember or recall those chapters. it's important, thank you!

❝ and i fell for you, like raindrops ❞

คઝ

"It's a gift." Akashi said plainly, "For you, from me. I hope you'll like it."

The shadow blushed, before receiving it and avoiding his gaze, "T.. thank you... I guess," he stuttered.

Kuroko held the gift so tight, he's so happy.

"Ano... Akashi-kun.. I–"

*beep beep*

"Ah, sorry. It's a call." Kuroko just nodded and Akashi turned his back to answer the call.

"Moshi moshi?"

[Aka-kun~]

Akashi gritted his teeth as he heard the voice on the other end of the call. He's feeling a lot of emotions right now, but anger just outweigh them all.

"Why did you call?"

[Just to make you remember. After all, you might be a little bit forgetful these days.] He knows that the speaker is a bit annoyed. And as far as he's concerned, he wouldn't want that person to be mad. No matter what. [I saw.]

‘Fuck, she's everywhere.’ Akashi thought before looking around and sighing, "Fine. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

[Well, that's great! See you later, Aka-kun~ Please don't come back there~]

Akashi gritted his teeth once again. He turned off the call, before mentally cursing himself. He's mad, but not just to that person, but also to himself for screwing up big time. He's such a fool and he knows it. The worst thing is that he can't do anything about it.

"Akachin? Daijobu?" Murasakibara asked, offering sweets to the ed haired, which he politely refused.

"I... have an emergency. I need to... go now," was the last words he said before leaving. The others thought that something was definitely wrong, but didn't say anything. 

Kuroko hurriedly followed him and caught his hand, but to his surprise, Akashi quickly slapped his hand away.

"Sei– Akashi-kun... Daijobu?"

Akashi avoided his look and muttered, "Yes. I will go now."

"When will we see you again?" Kuroko tried to talk to him once more, but Akashi didn't turn around to face him. But he's sure he heard him answer,

"Maybe never, Tetsuya."

~

It's cold.

Akashi clutched his sweater tighter as he sighed. The rain won't stop pouring and he don't really want to just go ahead and run into the rain so he stayed in the park for a little longer. It's not as if he's not getting wet. After all, the park is an open area.

*bzzzt* He heard his phone beeped. As he picked it up from his pocket, he saw the name he hope he would never see again on the screen. He turned off his phone, knowing that it would have a consequence but he couldn't care less.