chapter twenty | shot

❝ it is impossible to love deeply without sacrifice ❞

คઝ

"Kurokochii, daijobu?" Kise let go of the ball and rushed to Kuroko. They were practicing but Akashi gestured to Midorima to stop the game. The others seem confused but he pointed at Kuroko and so they finally noticed the bluenette's unusual behavior.

"I'm fine Kise-kun. Just a little bit lightheaded." Kuroko reasoned out as he reached for his forehead and started slowly massaging it. He didn't sleep last night, his head was full of thoughts. He tried to stay in focus on their practice today and not let his teammates notice but he failed. Mostly because of the emperor who has been observing him earlier.

"Kuroko- not that I care, nanodayo- but you should rest for a while. A single skip of practice won't hurt." Midorima suggested which earned a lot of agreement from the rest. Kuroko was still hesitant, though, and was about to reject the taller guy's suggestion but then, their captain talked.

"Tetsuya, come. Rest for now." The emperor grabbed his hand and started to head towards the corner of the room. As he turns his back and drags Kuroko, the others just smiled faintly while Midorima took the lead and continued the practice.

"Sei-kun, I could continue practicing."

"No, Tetsuya. You will rest here, and I will be beside you. That's an order from your captain." Akashi sat on the floor, wiping his sweat. He then straightened one of his leg and gestured for Kuroko to lie on it. The blue hired obliged and covered his eyes with a towel.

"Are you okay?"

"Hai, Akashi-kun."

"Did you forget to eat earlier? What happened?"

"Probably just too tired. Don't worry about me too much."

Akashi held Kuroko's hand which was on his chest. The shadow smiled at the emperor's sweet gesture. "I don't like it when you're sick. Take care of yourself more."

"For you, I will, my Sei-kun."

~

After walking Kuroko home, Akashi stayed outside his apartment to make sure the male is safe. He typed a few words on his phone and sent it to someone. That someone then called him just a few minutes later.

"I'm panicking."

[Calm down, Sei-nii. I'm doing everything I can.]

"Where are you?"

[Near. I'll take care of it, don't worry.]

Akashi clutched the necklace he was wearing as he looked around to see if someone's watching. To see if someone's spying. He feels his heart beats even faster than before as he saw the lights on Kuroko's apartment turn off. Right after that, he almost jumped because of a beep on his phone.

from: Kuroko Tetsuya
I'm about to sleep. I hope you're home safe.

The redhead felt relieved. As he sighed heavily, he typed lies he soon sent to the blue haired.

to: Kuroko Tetsuya
Yes. Sleep well.

After staying for another 30 minutes outside, Akashi finally decided to leave. He started walking away from his lover's apartment, with some glances back to it as he cannot stop being so nervous. He has agreed to meet someone in the park where Kuroko saw him earlier, and now he's about to go back there.