chapter eighteen | help

❝ save me from my own mind ❞

คઝ

Akashi sat on the chair farthest from his father, but still facing him. He silently ate and hoped that no conversation would begin so that they wouldn't end in something verbally violent once again.. just like before.

"Seijuro."

He froze when his father called his name. There's no care or softness in his father's voice. There's no warmth or love. It's been like that ever since his mom died and Akashi did not like it.

"Father," he replied with a low voice. Something he only use when conversating with his father and his lover.

"I've heard some news. You're still doing excellent in school?" His father took a sip of juice after asking, his intense eyes still on the food in front of him.

"Yes, father. There are no negative changes when it comes to my studies and activities. No need to worry." The son answered, trying his best to be calm and collected in front of the intimidating man.

"That's good," Masaomi looked at his son, right in the eyes before asking once again, "How about your relationship with Aimi?"

Akashi felt like his world stopped. That girl. From before. He knew that Kuroko was jealous of her and he didn't contact her ever since. But, unfortunately, it seems like Aimi's parents are big influence on Akashi's father and their company.

"I told you, didn't I, Seijuro? The Saito family has big influence especially on our company. Their only child, Aimi has really developed a liking in you. Entertain her."

"But father—"

"When did you ever learn to disobey me, Seijuro?"

Akashi stopped, his shoulders fell and his head bowed a little before saying, "Never, father." He continued to eat, but this time hurriedly, and left the dining table to proceed to his room.

There, he called a certain number he knew was the only one he could talk to.

"Nijimura-san.... I don't know what to do."

~

"I knew from the start you were such an idiot." Akashi just rolled his eyes, not minding the guy in front of him. "Talk to me, you idiot."

"Okay! Continue practicing!" The captain said, making the rest of the Rakuzan basketball team players continue their training. They wanted to win the next season, meaning they've been training right after the competition ended. And even better this time.

"Akashi Seijuro, you listen to me right now!"

Akashi rolled his eyes once again and turned around on the guy he was supposed to leave alone in the middle of the court. His short black hair has bangs that was parted to the left, which didn't change from before, and his eyes are narrowed as of the moment.

"Yes, captain?" Akashi meant that as a tease but the respect is still there. After all, it's Nijimura Shuzo standing in front of him.