chapter twenty four | truth

❝ truth is, everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. ❞

คઝ

Sei-kun.” Kuroko called his lover's name gently.

Akashi looked at him, muttering a soft 'hmm'.

“Will we ever tell the others about us?” The phantom asked. Akashi stopped at the question, but soon smiled and kissed the other's forehead.

“I don't think we need to. It's pretty obvious you know?”

“Well.. I don't know.. just for... just to be sure?”

The emperor chuckled at his lover's cuteness. He kissed his forehead once again and said, “Then sure. We will, my Tetsuya. Soon.”

~

It took 10 minutes before Nijimura has finally calmed Akashi. When he finally let go of the younger, he asked Takahara to get him a glass of water.

“Akashi... I can help. Let us help,” He softly muttered as he wiped Akashi's tear-stained cheek. Midorima approached the two, standing beside the kneeling Nijimura, in front of the sitting Akashi.

Takahara came back with the glass of water and gave it to Nijimura. The butler bowed at his master before leaving the room to prepare some food and give them some privacy.

“Midorima, call the team.”

“... sen.. pai, no” Akashi said under his breath. He's too weak to say anything or move.

“No, Akashi! You'll tell us the whole truth right now! Or we'll never fix this.” He said firmly. Akashi couldn't argue anymore, so he just nodded. “Go call them now, Midorima.”

The green-haired quickly abided. He excused himself to call the others and make them come to the mansion. While he was doing that, Nijimura was helping Akashi drink some water as he cannot move on his own.

“... you'll get.. dragged... in this,” Akashi managed to say slowly. Nijimura smiled sadly at him, before ruffling the younger's hair.

“I always take care of your messes. It's nothing, now.”

~

“Akashicchi...” Kise muttered the name as he looked at the pale captain lying on the bed. The Generation of Miracles is now complete. Kise and Aomine are standing as they looked worried about Akashi. Murasakibara is sitting on the bedside. Midorima is beside Nijimura, who is sitting near Akashi with his arms crossed.

“We're all here now. You can share you burden with us, captain.” Aomine said softly.

Akashi sighed sharply. He hasn't recovered his energy yet, but Nijimura has finally convinced him to explain everything. The emperor's eyes saddened as he opened his mouth to start.

“Saito Aimi.”

The others were confused. Surely, it was a name of a girl. But they do not know who, and how she was related to all this mess.

But Aomine accidentally dropped the glass he was holding, and all attention turned to him. His eyes were wide open, and his lips were trembling.