chapter twenty five | still you

❝ i tried not to miss you. i tried to let you go. but in the end, it's still you. it will always be you. ❞

คઝ

“Sei-kun.”

Akashi stopped the contracts that he was reviewing and looked at Kuroko. The bluenette has been watching him work for the past 2 hours and this is the first time he spoke.

“What is it, my Tetsuya?” he asked softly as he held Kuroko's hands.

“I was just wondering...” the shadow mumbled, not looking straight at Akashi's eyes, “Have you ever been jealous?”

The emperor was surprised at his question. It's like the world stopped turning and he stopped breathing for a second. He let go of Kuroko's hands and thinks.

Him? Akashi Seijuro, jealous?

Of course it has happened. But he can't really admit that to Tetsuya, can he?

“You thought of that question after staring at my face for hours?” Akashi chuckled, trying to avoid the question.

Kuroko blushed, “I was just... y'know.. wondering.”

Akashi looked at him once again. It's rare for Kuroko to ask for reassurance about Akashi's feelings. Kuroko may look emotionless, but he shows many emotions when he's with Akashi. And he is very outspoken when it comes to his feelings for the latter. But Akashi, he was quiet. He doesn't usually tell what he feels to Tetsuya. And Tetsuya understands, feelings was once known as weakness for the Akashi heir.

However, even him needs reassurance. And Akashi knows that.

So, he looks at Kuroko and cupped his face. He smiled warmly at the shadow, the only one he will ever love.

“I get jealous. I get jealous of Nijimura-senpai, I get jealous of Aomine, I get jealous of Kise. Most importantly, I get jealous of your childhood friend. Ogiwara.”

Kuroko just stared at him, wide-eyed.

“But, I don't care about all of them. I trust you. I trust you enough to not get jealous.” Akashi concludes, “So, don't dare doubt my love for you, Kuroko Tetsuya. You are the only one I have ever loved. And you will be the only one I will ever love.”

And then, Akashi sealed it with a kiss.

~

Ogiwara isn't used to seeing Kuroko like this.

His best friend is right in front of him, but he doesn't see Kuroko's small but warm smile that his best friend used to always give him. Ogiwara knows how much Kuroko loved Akashi, and how this pain is possible.

But what he doesn't understand is how it happened. He couldn't imagine it. He has met Akashi, and while the guy was not very kind and accepting, he knows that Kuroko is a different case. He felt the love the emperor has for the shadow. And that's why it confuses him.

“How dare him hurt you...” Ogiwara whispered as he held Kuroko in his arms. The latter buried his face in Ogiwara's shoulder and cried. This made Ogiwara even more upset.

Akashi really has crossed the line.

~

Akashi went to the hospital along with the whole team. It took a lot of convincing and a lot of calming down but they managed to get him out of the mansion.