chapter twenty two | effect

❝ nothing makes me happier, and nothing makes me sadder, but you. ❞

คઝ

"Tetsuya," Akashi called as he offered his hand to the bluenette who has his eyes closed, "It is a splendid view. It'll be a waste if you don't get to see it." 

"I.. I'm scared," Kuroko replied, still closing his eyes, even attempting to use his hands to cover it up until Akashi held his hands suddenly which made him open his eyes, "S.. Sei-kun—"

"Come on, trust me on this. I won't let you fall. Ever. Don't be scared," Akashi said soothingly, while softly caressing the scared shadow's hand, "I'm with you. I'll hold you. Don't worry."

Kuroko gulped before slowly letting himself be pulled by the redhead to see the beautiful view from the rooftop of a building.

"It's where I go when I need to relax. It's beautiful isn't it?" Akashi exclaimed before closing his eyes and extending his arms on both sides, as if embracing the cool breeze of the wind. Kuroko looked at him with sparkles in his eyes. He smiled a little before doing what the emperor was doing. He embraced the wind and it felt really good.

Kuroko was caught off guard when a hug from behind suddenly enveloped him. His eyes opened and as he took a peak to behind, he saw a certain redhead burying his head on Kuroko's back. "Sei-kun.."

"You smell so good," Kuroko blushed at the remark. He turned his head towards the front once again and held Akashi's hand which envelops his waist. "Tetsuya, I've been meaning to ask you something."

~

He wiped a tear that was sliding on his cheek. He was sitting on the rooftop of the hospital, arms hugging his legs and resting his chin on his knees [i'm sure you can imagine the position —m]. He sighed heavily, trying his best to finally stop his tears from escaping.

His wound still hurts. In both ways. Physically. And emotionally. He just can't believe it. Akashi ended it. Just a few hours earlier, he looked at him straight in the eye and told him he doesn't love him. What if he never loved him? Kuroko was stunned for a few minutes. He was left there, staring into thin air, Akashi's words repeating in his head. It's a lot to process.

After a few hours, he's finally had enough of everyone asking what happened and ran from his hospital room to the rooftop. Akashi used to bring him there to calm him. Well, not anymore.

"W... why," His voice broke as he closed his eyes starting to stop the tears. He tried to take a very deep breath, but it resulted to another sob. He lift his head and covered his face with his fragile hands as he tried to scream, trying to pour the feeling he was bottling up since earlier. But those screams weren't loud enough to reach Akashi. He will never reach Akashi now.

He stood up, walked towards the edge of the roof, with a pained smile on his face. He closed his eyes, and prepared for the fall.

If he could never reach Akashi now, then what's it all for?

"Kuroko! Stop that!" His eyes shot open when he heard the voice.

He tried to look back, but he lost his balance.

"Kuroko!"

And suddenly, all he can see is a guy holding his hand, preventing him from falling.

"You..... idiot. What were you doing?!"