✌Advice✌

❝People since the beginning of Naruto had been dreaming and viewing themselves as a character contributing and playing a part of that world. They wanted and wished to fuel all these fantasies and ideas into fan-fictions which would entertain the writer and the readers.
So the question now is; how do we write a good fan-fiction? There several and different aspects that makes a Naruto fan-fiction readable and interesting that hopefully we would be able to brief to you in this section❞

Well before we begin, since two people are working on this category, we decided to split the job and tell you what to do and what not to do.

→ Things to do in your Naruto fan-fiction ←

► Judging a book by its cover and first impressions

The two key figures that you should put to consideration, in getting your Naruto fanfic getting more reads and recognition would be the summary and the cover of your story.  (I know this has nothing to do with writing and stuff, but please bear with me.)

Summary: The summary introduces to you the contents of the story, briefing you the problem or rather the plot of the story itself. In this case, I recommend never leaving your summary blank and instead take your time planning a good summary for your story that will captivate and make your readers excited and eager to learn about what’s occurring.

Cover: Believe me when I say a cover is needed. Have you ever heard the statement “Don’t judge a book by its cover” .Well that doesn’t work here in Wattpad. It’s the cover that makes people stop scrolling when searching throughout the thousands of Naruto fanfics. There are many kind people in Wattpad who are eager to either make you one or teach you how to do one. So giving me an excuse that I don’t know how to make one isn't acceptable.

► Plot no jutsu

Plot: (noun)
The main events of a play, novel, film, or similar work, devised and presented by the writer as an interrelated sequence.
The above is the definition for the word plot; I’m saying it for those who don’t know what the word means. Use your imagination and think of a great plot that suites and doesn’t alter with the Naruto world. Believe me don’t just go on with the original Naruto plot, and insert your character there, that’s just plain boring. Here are some ideas you can use:

✰Make your own team of OCs, the more OCs there are the more fun it’s to read.
✰Make your OC a ninja from a different village, like any of four great nations or even one of the minor ones. For example, you have the hidden waterfall village or the hidden snow village for your OC to reside in.
✰Make your OC a male rather than female.  Make him above eighteen and not twelve. You don’t have to go with the flow, be like Einstein.
✰Who said your character should be in the good side; I’m not talking about the sexy people with red clouds or paedophiles here. Rather a village opposing the Hidden Leaf and wishing to conquer any land it wishes.
✰Your story shouldn’t be solely focusing on how awesome your OC is; rather the spot light should be distributed around the people around him/her, in other words the plot.
✰Add some plot twists and cliff-hangers, it keeps people excited and wondering what’s gonna happen next.
✰I think I’ll stop here, before I get chewed by the boss for writing a 19 page chapter solely based on advise ( *Whispers* Not a tip or idea)

► Original Character’s undergoing puberty

Before I begin here, just want to make sure that all of you readers understand that the above statement isn’t physically speaking.
A character in a story shouldn’t stay fixated with the same personality throughout the whole story. There is something called undergoing changes (again not physically) altering their behaviour or personality. Some examples:

✰If you’re fan-fic is a love story, either cannon or with another OC, try to take things slow. Never ever just make the two couple immediately fall in love or kiss. Relationship take time, at least a year. Especially in Japan during its feudal ages (That’s when Naruto was probably based).  Girls, at the time, are shy to showing, physical relationship with a guy in a public. So don’t go having your OC kiss your lover whenever she wants.
Relationships take time to bloom and grow, so in the process of writing a love fan-fiction please keep that in mind and let their love process slowly.

✰You want to place your OC in a team.  Seems easy and nice right. But not!!!!
You have to bear in mind that the teammates may not get along. That’s what shown usually happens in teams throughout the show. But things don’t stay like that. Growing up together in a team and spending each day more than 14 hours with them, you get to know them slowly and gain mutual understanding and with more time  they become friends and after that best friends and comrades.

✰Trauma and shock, your character had just witnessed someone close dying in front of her eyes. How would you expect her to cope with the situation? It would be nice to write a story of a Chunin or Jounin trying to live and move on with his team’s death.