2. Sweet Soul

When I say bell I mean the antique school bell from back in the day. Like this one 👇🏼

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Sebastians POV)Jack the Ripper I read on the board in history class, I guess it can't be that bad

Jack the Ripper I read on the board in history class, I guess it can't be that bad. I walk over to my seat and look at the bluenette that was already seated, Ciel Phantomhive. He had a nice figure but an even better soul.

I eat one soul every month to stay alive considering I'm a demon. Ciel was an amazing target. I just loved his oh so unclean soul that was amazingly so, pure. The only reason I walk around in this lowly realm is to eat anyway.

I can't wrap my mind around 4th period. Why was Ciel staring at me. I mean I'm not complaining, when he turns his head I can catch his smell in the wind.

Ciel's smell was wonderful. The same fragrance of his soul. Though it was a lonely smell. I can tell he likes keeping to himself. I also can see all the misery lacing his face. He really is an open book but that's not saying much to me sense I can see people clearly, especially what their feelings. The perks of being a demon is your "100/20" vision.

My mind went to the little scenario at lunch. It was kind of a big hoopla. Those two girls tried to ask me out. Ha, they wish. As soon as I heard go out I stood up and slammed my hand on the table. I'm glad I didn't use my demon strength even though it was begging to come out.

I sat back down after a minute of deep breaths and talked to them as normally as I could. "U-um" the blonde girl stuttered. They told me their names but I didn't listen nor care. "I'm sorry" I said in my regular monotone. "I-it's Okay" the brunette forced out. "I would not like to go out with you. Sorry your um...just not my type" Giving them my best most innocent smile. I just don't care for anyone so what's the point of going out. Besides they suck, they're horrible. Petty and selfish. "Oh u-uh okay" they both said putting their head down in embarrassment, I scoffed at this. I wasn't as tense as they walked away with now a confused but thinking face on. I bet they were wondering what was my type.

It's so aggravating when girls try to ask me out. Any other guy would love to be like me but why, it's just girls with a low self esteem wanting a guy to buy her clothes. Besides they're human, and humans are weak, fragile, and so untruthful, to themselves and others. I never lie. I know it's hard to believe but I never have lied for my entire demon life.

I heard the bell ring as I snapped out of my head. I waited till everyone else left before leaving lunch so I didn't have to interact in the hallways. I walked pretty fast because of how tall I am. I was one of the last ones there but I also didn't have to speak to anyone.

I knew about Jack the Ripper, well mostly everyone does. This Jack the Ripper case was only three years ago. Everyone was scared out of their minds, while I casually strolled down the sidewalk. All their scared faces certainly was a good look.

"Jack the Ripper" Mr. Druitt said "he was the worlds great..." in my head his voice was getting lower and silent as I zoned out. I stared out a window, watching the cherry blossom tree petals fall in front of the school.

(Ciels POV)
The topic in history was okay, but the content needed some work. After class the bell rung and I was about to switch classes like I normally did, until I saw Sebastian still staring out the window. Was he still in his 'zone'? Everyone else was gone though. I don't know why I did it or my purpose but I went over there and tried to touch his shoulder.

When I was a centimeter away from touching his shoulder he turns around snatching up my wrist at a speed I didn't know was possible. He has that deadly look in his eyes but it quickly faded when he looked at my face.
I swallow hard and try to pull away from his grip. Damn his hand is hard to get out of. I saw him smirk at my struggles. At this I actually got...frustrated. I haven't felt this feeling in so long, although it now makes me want to slap him.

"Let. Go." I say in a hard tone bug not in a tone I would use for Elizabeth. "Hehe, so weak come on now, just pull away" he taunted. I rarely talk with Sebastian but when I do I feel like we are life long friends who hasn't seen each other in years. He does definitely like to toy with me that's for sure. I try to pull away again which only caused him to tighten his grasp. Sebastian's smirk turned into a mocking smile as he chuckled.

It was weird how his chuckles was like a lullaby for me. I had totally forgot he was almost to the point off stopping the blood flow to my hand. Then the wind from a window that was open a crack came in the classroom, throwing blossom petals on the winds currents. The petals flowed around us. The shade of pink from the petals complimented Sebastian's features beautifully as I took a picture of him a thousand times in my mind.

The third bell then rang, announcing that there was only one minute to get to class. As soon as the bell barley came in Sebastian was gone. I grunted knowing I wasn't going to get there on time. So I just walked slowly to my next class.

I walked in with more misery on my face than at lunch. I looked at Sebastian who was now entranced by the cherry blossom tree you could see from this window too but farther away. He didn't look back when I entered the class or anytime for that matter.

The school day went on like that for 3-4 more hours and it was finally time to go home. I don't hang out after school because, well I hate people. So I waited for madam red and hopped in the automobile and was silent until we got to the house.

I automatically went upstairs only partly hearing Madam Red when she asked 'have a good day' I kept walking and thought I'll just act like I didn't hear her.

In my room I plopped on my bed with the loudest sigh I could conjure. I grabbed my notebook and a pencil as I started to write things down. I didn't know what I was doing so I decided I would let my hand guide me. I started drawing the word love not thinking anything of it and drawing hearts.

When I was done there were millions of hearts on the page each one of them holding the world love in the middle. This couldn't be possible I didn't love nor feel so what could have been going through my mind. I began to close my book until I saw the faintest of words at the bottom, it read Sebastian.

I had no idea what it meant, maybe nothing. I'm mean a name is a name and that's it what is so special about a name.

I closed my notebook and threw it across the room, then laid down on my bed. I guess I underestimated how tired I truly was, because as soon as my head hit the pillow I was half way asleep. I let myself sink into darkness as I thought.

'What could be so special about a name?'