2

I got up and Jake, Lisa and Penny Jake's little sister were watching TV in the living room.

"Bout time you got up girl. You slept so long we thought you was in a coma." Jake said laughing. It was only 8 in the morning.

"Yeah what ever why ya'll didn't go to school?" I said as I gave them a  funny  stern look.

"We wanted to spend what ever time we had with you duh" Penny said when she ran up to me and almost pushed me over as she grabbed to give me a hug.

"Well let's go out  to breakfast before I go. Its on me." We left a few minutes later. Me in the rental car and everyone else in Jake's. We decided to go to the stake and shake near the interstate so that I could just jump on it when we were done. And cause I didn't want to eat breakfast for breakfast.

After we got our order and all and were eating, I got a text from my mom saying that she was home and what her address was. I hadn't been to my mom's since I was younger like 7 or 8 and then they had been living in a motel for months. She assures me its a 3 bed room house that she now lives in. So I guess its only for a year then I will be coming back to live in my home hopefully Lisa will be living with me as well.

We all ate then placed my things in the car from Jake's truck and hugged for what seemed like forever. I typed the address the my mom texted me into the car's GPS. It was only about a 3 hr drive to what will be my new life. One I am not wanting to have. I wave good bye as I leave the parking lot. Getting up onto the highway and starting down the road.

I Drive for over an hr before I have to stop to pee. I go in the store going to the restroom then getting a soda an a Kit Kat. Walking slowly to stretch my legs a little.  

I pull out and see that  the GPS says I have another hr and 27 minutes to go. I continue going singing along with the radio to a few of my favorite song's. Before I know it, I see the "Welcome to Vero Beach " sign. Only about 15 minutes till I am will arrive at my new home for a year. As I go down the road it looks nice then there's only a few businesses then there's a  rr track then some very bad looking homes. As I turn down the street the house is on, there is old not taken care of homes on the right and to the left there is some kind of small houses in a circle.

I pull up to the third house on the right. It is larger than the rest but seems a little off. the outside is dirty and has tons of paint chipping off. I pull behind my moms car( it is an older 4 door Buick that is rusted bad and is loud when you drive it. But hey its a car.) After a few minutes my mom and half brother Mike come out to say hi or whatever.

"Well you made good time. Mike go to the back and get Kim let her know my daughters here."

My brother goes to the back of the house and knocks on what I thought was the back door to the house . A white woman and two mixed girls come out and walk towards us.

"Oh my Brenda, she looks just like you. Hi Kira, I'm Kim this is Drea shes 17  and this is Sha she just turned 16. We live in the apartment in the back."

I tell them its nice to meet them but I want to get going to the school to get registered. Drea gives me the address of the school from off her agenda. I ask my mom if she wants to go with me but she says she has to pick up Mark from work. So I decide to go alone until Drea asks to go with me.

I tell her OK and we leave. The school is actually between the bad part where we live and the upper class part. So there is a mix of people. The school itself is nice and big. Drea goes off and says she is  going to her last class and will ride the bus home so I tell her thanks for coming with me and bye.