12

Kira's POV

I woke up late this morning. I was surprised that Hayden didn't wake me for school. It was 9:03 am so I wasn't too late but what the hell why not have a 3 day weekend. Besides I really hadn't got to see what all this town had to offer me. Now I had a car so it was a good idea to go catch some waves as the guys say. I laugh to myself as I think of how corny that sound.

I got up and got out my bathing suit putting on a aqua colored tank top and a short jean skirt with some orange flats. I ran my brush threw my hair a few times before putting it into a semi messy pony tail. Then I picked up my sun glasses placing them on top of my head as I pick up my cell that had 3 text messages. The first one was from Larry letting me know that He was back in Tampa.

The next was from Hayden who said he thought I could use a day to relax at home in privacy. and that he loved me and would see me after school.

The last was from my mom saying she missed me. Its kinda surprising coming from some one who never spoke to me my hole life and now acted like we were close. I wonder if she knew about Mark. I thought about it for a while then I picked up the phone an decided that I would see her I pulled up the messaging and hit the reply button.

"Hey mom I am staying out today, I am headed to the beach, There is a restaurant on the beach called the Shack. can you meet me there at 11:00 am instead of the cafe?" Then I hit send.

I placed the phone in my bag and grabbed my keys. I walked down the hall and grabbed my board from the hall closet hoping I wouldn't damage the ceiling or my board as I got it out. I went out of the apartment and into the elevator.  I walked quietly threw the warehouse  as to not make a sound where someone might see me leaving and want me to stand and talk to them. I really wasn't in a talking mood right now and wanted to get into the water as soon as I could.

I made it out and to my car. It took me a few minutes to get my board onto the top of the car but I did. Locking it into place like the dealer showed me. I pulled out of the drive and onto the road that lead out of the warehouse property. Soon going out the gate and onto the regular road. Passing by the school a few minutes latter. I thought about Hayden and how worried he would be if he didn't know where I was. I decided to text him later and let him know where I was. 

I got to the beach and grabbed my bag and my board with a little struggle and headed down to the clear blue water. I moved some sand around and placed my bag in a shallow hole and laying a towel out over it so it didn't look like i had anything . I placed my glasses on top of where my bag is under the towel so that i didn't un remembering step on my bag that's under it.

I was in the water for a long time just sitting on my board watching the fish swim under me. there wasn't much waves to my disappointment. I started swimming back and noticed a stingray swimming under me as I lay on my board paddling back to shore. It was so beautiful as it glided over the sand.

 I reached the shore taking in a deep breath as I turned looking over my shoulder at the sea. I laid  my board down on the sand next to me and sat down on my towel. I moved the side of the towel picking up my bag and finding my cell. I had 2 messages from my mom.

The first saying she would be at the restaurant at 11 and the 2nd that she sent only a few minutes ago letting me know she was on her way.  I realized that it was 10:47am and I needed to get up to the restaurant. I sent her an "OK" text then gathered my things heading to the shower area next to the restaurant. I placed my board in the board rack in front of the restaurant . Then walked over to the bench placing my bag down then roughly shacking the sand out of my towel placing it on top of my bag. I walked to the cold shower rinsing the salt water out of my hair and off my body.

 I grabbed some body was out of my bag and ran it over my skin to help get more of the salt water off my face , arms, shoulders, and chest. Those places irritated me when they had dry salt water on them. I washed off and stepped aside grabbing my towel drying off my skin and patting my bathing suit as dry as I could. I placed my clothes back over my bathing suit and grabbed my bag as I struggled to put on my flats and walk at the same time.

I walked in the restaurant and was greeted by the same nice waitress as before. I told her I just needed a booth for 2 by the window if possible. Which I got. I pulled out my phone and it was 11:04am. I looked up as my mom sat down across from me. 

The waitress brought me a tea and my mom a coffee she said she would be back with the order of fries I asked for. My mom kept her eyes down at her coffee for a while as the waitress sat the fries in front of us. I placed some ketchup on one side of the basket and took in a deep breath.

"So when were you going to tell me Mark wasn't human?' I said as I placed a fry with ketchup on it in my mouth and looked up at her She looked like she was in  shock

"Look I know he isn't, so why don't you explain it to me seems you owe me that much after what he did to me and I didn't have him arrested or even you for that matter." I stared at her as I ate my fry without showing an expression on my face.

I picked up my cell and text Hayden letting him know I was at the beach and would be on my way home in a few minutes. I wasn't apparently getting my mom to talk so I felt this visit was over. I picked up the check and grabbed my bag going to get up when she grabbed my arm.

"He is different he well he's a werewolf but they say there kind is different." She says in a low voice so other people couldn't hear her. I look at her and nod for her to continue.

"That's why I couldn't keep you when you were a baby. You not being his child wouldn't go  well, his family would look down on him. They already didn't like that I was who he wanted to be with but they let us be but said no to you being around. So I gave you to your grandparents. cause I knew he would never leave me alone if I left. And i wasn't sure if he would hurt you so he could get me to stay with him."

My blood was boiling at every word she said. "So my brother can change to a wolf  too? I asked in a harsh tone.

"No.He... he didn't get the gene from his father because he had to have a blood transfusion the day he was born so there isn't enough of it in his blood to ever be able to  shift." She said as she looked down as if in shame.

I stood up looking at her as she looked up. I leaned over the table slightly ."Well look's like he should have kept me at least a step child that can shift is better than a child that cant." I said with a smirk on my face. Her face turned so white as I stood up and she was getting what i said. I turned and walked out leaving her in awww at the table.

 As I walk to my car I fell like I have left  something. I get to my car opening my door getting in placing my bag in the passenger seat. Then it dawns on me that I left my board I jump out closing my door heading towards the restaurant stopping for a dark colored van that was coming to pass. I start to get an un easy feeling as it stops in front of me  and the doors slide open and two men jump out.

They grab me shoving me in the van. The middle seat is missing and there are two men in the front  two men holding me down and .........and..... Metri sitting on the only seat in the back. He had a syringe in his hand that had a cloudy look to it. I screamed as loud as I could till one of the men placed his hand over my mouth.

 Metri got on his knees next to me flicking the needle a few times then placing his knee on my arm to hold it still. While one of the other men placed their belt on my upper arm pulling it tightly. Metri slides the needle into my large now popped out vain.

 The belt comes off, then every one lets go . With in seconds I am so weak I cant really move.  Metri leans close to my neck and breaths in deeply.

"You smell so good. Now you are all mine to do with as I please. I told you , you would be mine."

I felt his lips press against my neck close to my mark that Hayden gave me. Tears began to run down my cheek as sleep started to take me.

"Hayden know that I love you always and forever." I said in my mind before a black vision less soundless sleep took over me.