9

Kira's POV

      "Oh my God Hayden. It is so beautiful." I stood at the stairs that lead to the beach. Looking out over the huge waves. The clear blue water looks so refreshing. Hayden see's his friends camped out  not to far from the stairs. We walk down  and my feet hit the warm sand and I can smell the salty air. I look at Hayden and smile. We walk over to everybody and sit down on a large towel.

"Kira I'm going to help go get the boards that Devon brought over in his truck. I have a surprise for you by the way." Hayden quickly got up with Devon and walked over to the parking lot out of my view. I turn back around to Bree and we start talking about the water and how its this pretty year round and how I was feeling and had healed really well.

A few minutes later Hayden comes behind me, putting his hands over my eyes. 

"Ok I called had Devon last night and told him to get this for me this morning. I  hope you like it." I open my eyes to a beautiful surf board that goes from hot pink at one end to a dark purple at the other end. In the middle was a lotus flower that had the words "Para Siempre" wrote under it in beautiful lettering. I smile up at Hayden and pull his hands down so that he is against my back with his head resting on my shoulder. I turn and kiss his cheek. 

"Thank you Hayden, I love it so much you just don't know." Hayden smiled at me and I got up and went to check out the board. 

" Let me show you how to take care of the board and how to use it. OK Princess?" I look at Hayden and smile as he comes to show me what all I need to do.  After about an hour and a half of teaching me what all to do, It's time that I go out to the water and give it a try.

It take several times of me falling getting thrashed by the waves. But the first time I stand up not falling going with the waves its an amazing feeling. I feel so free. After that first time I get it just about every time and it feels so good to me. Being out there riding these waves being in the water. It makes me feel like I was meant to be doing this.

Soon we  are having a great time and I am loving this hole surfing thing . The sun starts to fade and we decide that we want to get some food then head home as tomorrow was Monday and I still had a little bit of home work to do.

Hayden decide to take me to a small restaurant that was on the beach. I'm not really a big sea food eater but I thought I would give it a try. I thought it was neat that they didn't mind people coming in right off the beach still in their swimming clothes. Hayden an me sat on one side of the table and Devon and Bree on the other.

The waitress came around and greeted us an seem to already know everybody as she said they eat there a lot . I told her I didn't really like sea food and she said that her daughter doesn't either and that they do have burger and fries. So that's what I got. When we were done I noticed that I had a message from my little brother that he had sent a little earlier while I was surfing.

         Kira, I'm sorry about what my dad an Metri did to you. now how bad they can get but i never would of thought my dad would do it to youmomz is real upset that you are gone but wants you to know she love you an wants to see you soon. An just tween me an you be CAREFULMike

After reading the message I almost wanted to cry. I didn't even know my brother but he seem to care just a little for me. And he did warn me a few times. I decide that i well tell him  that I will meet him an mom or just mom some time next weekend to talk but  that I would still be going to school for now at least and that I would see him there..

After we were done eating I tried to pay for mine but Hayden was not having it. As we said our goodbyes and got into the car Hayden said that we  had to make a stop to see Larry as he had something for me.

After a few minutes of driving we pulled up to a really nice hotel. We pulled up and the valet took the car to the parking garage and we went in and stopped in the large  reception area. The guy told us how to get to Larry's room and  we headed up in the elevator.

We road the elevator up to the 9th floor to room I120.  Hayden knocked on the door and within a minute Larry was opening the door inviting us to come in. The room was very spacious with a living room kitchen/dining room and a  bedroom. And the view of the ocean was beautiful. I sat down in a chair close to the balcony so I could look out over the ocean.

"Kira I have some great news for you, I spoke to the judge and he has agreed that it would be in your best interest to grant you papers to be considered a legal adult. How ever the money stays in the bank and all that stays the same but it does mean that you can live on your own. So you can go home if you'd like. Or you could stay here and finish out school, then go home when your 18 as you had planed. As I just had a couple sign a lease just before I came down here. Either way you do not have to go back to your mothers. Nor does she have any say about what  you can or can not do."

I look at Larry as he hands me the papers and I am so happy I jump up giving him a big long hug.