3《 Jake

It was another ordinary day in the city. Y/N was in the apartment preparing for a family meal which would be for later that night. Her boyfriend, of three years, Jake had just returned home and was busy sorting out his equipment in his van incase he was called out on a job. Y/N had invited her Dad and younger sister, Leanne, who were soon to be arriving.

"Jake, Hello. How are you?" Y/N's father spoke, causing Jake to quickly look up from what he was doing.

"Hey. I'm good, thanks. It's just been a busy day. How about you, sir?" He smiled as he continued removing his equipment. He gave a short nod to Leanne as acknowledgement of her presence.

"I've told you before that you can just address me by my first name." He chuckled. "-and I'm good too, kid."

"Sorry. I guess it's just a habit." He shrugged as he shut the van doors and locked up.

"Well, anyway, I suppose we should head inside." Her dad smiled and began walking with Leanne, Jake following behind. They entered the apartment and we're welcomed by the smell of food cooking and Y/N running frantically around sorting things out.

"Oh. You're early." She skidded to a stop once she had seen them and took a breath, wiping her hands on her apron

"Your sister finished work early so she ended up picking me up earlier too. I'm sorry if we've caused an issue by being here sooner." He gave an apologetic look as her sister handed her some flowers, earning a thank you in response from Y/N.

"No, Not at all. It just means I'll have to find something for you guys to do because I've scheduled everything accordingly now." She laughed lightly whilst brushing her hair out of her face, feeling warm.

"It's fine. We could help you out or sit and catch up to keep out of your way." Leanne smiled with a slight laugh.

"I'll manage. You go make yourselves comfortable and I'll be over in a bit." She nodded more to herself as she headed back over to the kitchen, closely followed by Jake. She placed the newly received flowers in a water filled vase.

"Hey, are you ok?" He stopped her by her arm and turned her to face him. She nodded with a slight smile before removing her self from his grasp to continue what she was doing before everyone had arrived. He sighed and kissed her cheek as he passed by, heading to their bedroom for a quick shower and to change his clothes.

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢

Y/N was continuing to cook as her father and sister chatted happily on the couch. Jake had just re-emerged from the bedroom and made his way over to Y/N. He stood behind her with his arms slowly sliding around her waist as he placed a gentle kiss to her cheek.

"What have you still got left to do?" He asked. She listed a few things with a sigh before reaching her hand to hold his arm as she leaned into his touch. "I'll finish up for you. You should go relax and catch up with your family."

"I couldn't ask you to do that. You've been busy at work all day so if anyone needs to relax it's you." She turned herself around in his arms and wrapped her own around his neck.

"Well you didn't ask me to, I'm offering." He smiled. She rolled her eyes playfully with a grin. She began to move away but he pulled her back closer to him." Hey! Where's my kiss?" He pretended to act offended. She smiled and leaned her head up to meet his lips and placed a gentle kiss on them.

"I love you." Y/N smiled full of contentment when Jake repeated the same three words back. She reluctantly moved out of his embrace and headed over to her Dad and sister.