11》Kai

Something had happened. Something terrible.

The old wooden door of the Salvatore house swung open to reveal a distraught Elena carrying a limp body in her arms. She vamp sped to the couch and carefully laid her best friend, Y/N, on it.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Stefan frantically questioned, taking in the sight before him.

Y/N laid unconscious with blood staining her once white shirt. Her neck torn and beads of sweat covered her pale forehead.

"I-I went to her house to pick her up. We were all supposed to meet at the Mystic Falls fair. The front door was already slightly open so I went in and found her lying there. She kept mumbling something about a wolf." She took in a shaky breath trying to calm herself.

The sound of a phone ringing brought everyone's attention back to reality once more. Elena carefully pulled it out of Y/N's pocket to read the caller ID. Kai Parker. The all powerful Heretic.

"You need to come to the Salvatore boarding house now, it's Y/N." Elena informed him, getting straight to the point. Before he had a chance to reply, she ended the call and placed the phone on the table.

"Why did you answer? For all we know he could've been the cause of this!" Damon spoke, announcing his presence.

"None of us like him either but he's her boyfriend. He has a right to know." Elena argued back. "What are we going to do? We can't let her die." She ran a hand through her hair as more tears began to fall.

"I'll call Klaus. Keep an eye on her and make sure she's as comfortable as possible." Stefan answered. He left the room to call in a favour from his old friend.

"I'm going to take her to a spare room so she's more comfortable. Can you help?" Elena asked Damon. He nodded and took a hold of Y/N, vamp speeding her to a bed where he layed her gently. Elena brought an old rag and a bowl of water and sat beside the bed. She gently dabbed the damp cloth on her friends forehead to try and cool her down.

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢

A loud bang alerted the group. Shouting soon followed.

"Y/N! Where are you!?" Kai's voice echoed through the house.

Damon, unwillingly, rushed to greet the angry Heretic.

"Where is she? Ele-"

"She upstairs. She-" Damon cut him off and placed his hand on Kai's chest to stop him leaving before he finished speaking. "She was bitten by a werewolf."

Kai grabbed the vampire by the throat and pinned him to the wall. "I so want to kill you right now... But she's more important. " He let out a heavy breath and stormed off upstairs, leaving the blue eyed vampire to catch his breath.

Kai carefully listened out for her slow breaths to guide him to her. He found her in a matter of seconds and rushed to her side, grasping her warm hand in his.

Elena quietly left the room to give the pair some space and she set off to get an update from Stefan.

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢

Kai had sat in silence for a while, taking in the sight before him. The only person he ever cared about was lying before him. Death creeping upon her and threatening to take her away at any moment. He squeezed her hand tighter in his and brought it to his lips, leaving a delicate kiss. His eyes closed and he took a shaky breath before going into her mind.