4《 Jake

Being in the corden wasn't the best thing but it was definitely made better by having someone there with you and that's exactly what Y/N had. Inside theses infectious walls she had her best friend, Jake. After learning of the outbreak and the newly installed containers, she left her apartment in search for food when she had stumbled across him. In hopes of keeping her safe, he had led her back to the hospital where she was warmly greeted by a teacher, Katie, and her students. From that day on she had stayed within the hospital walls and helped as best she could.

Today was just like any other day. Everyone was on edge wanting to go home and be free of the deadly virus. Katie and Jake were busy figuring out the truth behind all of this, unbeknown to Y/N. She was in the cafeteria with the children and getting them snacks from the almost empty vending machine.

"I'm bored Miss Y/L/N." One of the three children whined as they slumped onto the benched seat.

"Call me Y/N." She smiled in thought before speaking up again. "How about we play a game?" She suggested as she punched in the numbers for the awaiting treats. Once she had gathered them up, she headed over to where they were sat and passed them each some food as she took a seat.

"What game?" Mary asked with a curious smile.

"Hmm. How about...I spy?"

"That sounds fun." They all agreed.

"Ok. Quentin can go first." Y/N nodded.

"I spy..something beginning with 'C'" He said. They all looked around the room trying to find something that would match the letter.

"Is it chairs?" Thomas asked hopefully only to be told he was incorrect.

"How about..cafeteria?" Mary tried but was still incorrect.

"Oh! I think I've got it!" Y/N said, excitedly. "Chocolate." Quentin nodded with a wide smile as they all laughed. Each of the children took a bite out of their candy, hungrily.

"Hey, what's going on in here?" Jake smiled as he walked into the room, closely followed by Katie.

"Miss- Y/N bought us some chocolate and we're playing a game of I spy. You can play too!" Mary informed both of them.

"As much as I'd love to, we best go upstairs and get a lesson in before the day ends." Katie told the children. They all said they're goodbyes before following her out of the room leaving Jake and Y/N alone. Jake wandered over to her and sat down on the bench opposite her, resting his arms on the table in front.

"Thank you for keeping them occupied." He spoke.

"No problem. They were a delight." She nodded with a smile. "Sooo..what were you guys up to?"

"Well, we found out that patient zero wasn't the first one to be infected with the virus." He announced.

"Who was it then?" She sat forward, curiously.

"There was a doctor who was supposed to take Katie's class around for a tour but she didn't turn up. Well we found out the reason and it was because her boyfriend had infected her."

"Oh wow. Talk about sharing everything in a relationship." She chuckled.

Jake shook his head as he let out a laugh. "Hardly the time to be cracking jokes, Y/N."

"Sorry but someone's got to keep the mood lightened in these circumstances. Plus it got you to laugh didn't it? Makes a change from the usual grumpiness." She smirked.

"I'm not grumpy." He scoffed.

"You might want to tell that to your face." She chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"Nothing! You just seem to..throw little tantrums every now and again." She said, holding back a laugh.

"No one's told me that before." He smirked, jokingly.

"Yeah. You get this little crinkle between your eyebrows-"

"I do not!" He cut her off laughing.

"There it is!" She pointed at his features with a grin.

He shook his head, playfully. "You're lucky you're my best friend."

"I know right! Who else would keep you in check, Riley?" She joked.

He bit his lip before smiling at her. "Lucky me."

They continued with their playful behaviour for a while longer before heading off to go help out Katie and deal with some other important tasks.

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢

(A/N): I wanted to post a more lighthearted and somewhat different one to my previous Jake imagines.  I hope you like this one. I'm trying to come up with some more different ideas and feel free to request something and I'll give it a go. I've also been rewatching the carrie diaries so I guess that's been giving me motivation to post more often. 😊💙