9》Kai

(A/N) : Pre-warning that there will be swearing in this chapter so if you're not comfortable with that then you can skip it.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Y/N pulled herself up from the position on her couch with a frown on her face. It was fairly late at night so she was unsure as to why someone would be at the door. She swung open the door.

"What do you wa- Kai?" she took in the sight of the bloody man before her with a slight gasp. It wasn't unusual for her to see this sort of thing. She knew about vampires, werewolves, witches and all the rest so she was pretty used to it. The thing she was actually shocked by was the fact that it was Kai Parker stood at her door. The two of them had talked briefly when he first got out of the prison world, mainly because she was so intriguied by his life, but that was months ago now.

"I kinda need your help and seeing as we're friends-"

"I'd say more like acquaintances." she forced a smile.

"Kick a guy when he's down why don't you." he playfully pretended to act hurt, placing his hand on his heart. "I thought we had something special."

She rolled her eyes. "What do you want Malachai?" she gave a smirk watching his teeth grit in annoyance. He pushed passed her and made his way inside. "oh, come in." she spoke, sarcastically, and shut the door.

Her peaceful evening in front of the TV had now been thrown out of the window and replaced with a bloody and messy Kai. He was rummaging through her cupboards and chucking things behind him as he went.

Too tired to even argue, Y/N crossed her arms before speaking. "What exactly are you looking for?"

"Bandages."

"They're in the one to your right. Why do you want them anyway? You're never usually bothered about being covered in blood."

"Well this time it's mine and I also really like this suit, makes me look even more irresistible."

"Quite an ego you've got there." she replied. Admittedly she did find him attractive but she knew that's all it could be. For one he was a sociopath who probably didn't feeling anything at all, nevermind for her, and two her brothers would never allow it so she repressed her feelings. The best cover up was to act like she hated him and it worked.

"Could you blame me?."He flashed her a cheeky smile with a wink before grabbing the bandages. He held them out to her and she reluctantly took them from him. He sat down on a stool as she grabbed a few other things before starting to clean him up.

"What happened anyway? Or should I ask, who did you piss off this time?"

"Just a certain raven haired bloodsucker." He smirked.

She sent him a glare as she dabbed at his wounds a little too harshly causing him to take in a sharp breath. He grabbed her wrist in retaliation.

"Try that shit again and it'll be the last thing you do."his eyes were menecing as he tightened his grip.

Y/N managed to hide her pain as she spoke."First of all, that was my brother you're talking about. I have a right to be mad. Secondly, you came to me so if you threaten me anymore I'll just kick you out and you can take care of yourself." she sent him another glare and after a moment he loosened his grip, allowing her to continue.

A moments silence surrounded the two before Kai spoke up."Why are you helping me anyway if you hate me so much?"

"It's not like I had a choice. You did just force your way in here." she sighed as she finished cleaning the blood off of him. "I don't hate you, by the way. I don't particularly like you all the time.. but I don't hate you." she told him, letting her guard slip a little.