6 《Jake

It was a fairly sunny day in Atlanta and Y/N was comfortably resting on the couch in her and her fiancé's home. She was 6 months pregnant and was soon to be married to Jake. Jake was busy working at this time. His job as a police officer meant that he was constantly busy but they always made time for each other and we're both equally excited for their future.

It had quickly became late in the afternoon and Y/N was wandering around the house doing odd jobs to pass the time on her day off from working at the local shop. She was busy cleaning when the sound of her phone ringing caused her to stop to answer it. The phone lit up with the name of the caller and she quickly pressed the button to answer it with a smile.

"Hi." She said.

"Hey." Jake replied with a sigh. This instantly began to make her nervous. Being a part of the police force could sometimes, if not almost always, be a dangerous job and although she worried about him, she learned to be more at ease as time went on but she couldn't deny the fear that remained.

"What's wrong?" She bit her lip and took a seat.

"How could you tell?"

"I know you. I know if somethings bothering you and it is. We've known each other for 4 years now, remember?" She said with a slight laugh at the end.

He had a hint of a smile on his face, not that she'd see, as he replied back to her. "I know but it still sometimes suprises me how well you know me."

"So, what is it you called to tell me?"

He took a breath before replying. "I'm going to be stuck at the hospital for the next 48 hours as the buildings on lockdown." He stated getting straight to the point.

"Why? What's going on?" Her worry increased.

"There's a viral outbreak and people are being quarantined but they're trying and hoping that the virus stays within the hospital walls. I brought the guy believed to be patient zero in, so to make sure I haven't caught it and to make sure the area is safe, I have to stay here." His tone hinted the slightest bit of annoyance before it faltered to one of sadness. "I'm sorry."

Y/N took a moment to process the information before speaking up. "You've nothing to be sorry for. You're just following procedure. It's only 48 hours anyway, right?" She asked somewhat to reassure herself too.

"Yeah."

"Well then all you need to worry about is keeping yourself safe and calm. The latter is a priority as I know what you're temper can be like at times."

"I don't want to be here. I want to be able to come home tonight like I usually would and see you and take care of you both." He leaned against the tile wall, looking around the space before him.

She placed a gentle hand on her growing bump with a smile. " I know but we'll both be fine. I promise you. If you need to, you can always call me. Just keep yourself safe. Promise me. I'd like you to come home in one piece." She chuckled and Jake laughed in return.

"I promise and you do the same." Jake noticed a figure heading towards him and he stood up straight. "I need to go. I've got somethings I need to do so I'll call you later." He kept his eyes trained on the doctor nearing him, who he had learned to be called Dr Cannerts.

"Ok. Talk to you soon and remember what I said. I love you." She sighed with a slight smile.

"I love you and you too." He replied, already feeling somewhat better after talking to his fiancée. He ended the call just as the doctor arrived in front of him to inform him of the task needing to be done.

48 hours, he thought, and this will all be over. He would soon ,however, find out he was very wrong.

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢

( A / N ) :  This is quite a short one because I wanted to upload something as I haven't in a while. It's not the best as I've been struggling with finding inspiration to write but hopefully I'll be back at it soon. I'm thinking of making a part two to this which will be longer but we'll see. Anyway, I hope you still enjoy it and thank you for reading 💙