13《 Jake

It was an ordinary day in Atlanta and everyone was going about their ordinary lives.

It was 9am on a Saturday and Y/N was already rushed off her feet. She was on her own looking after her four year old daughter and one year old son. Her husband, Jake, was called into work early that morning and wouldn't be home until late that evening.

So it was just her, a crying baby and a very talkative child.

"Mommy." Y/D/N called, for the fourth time in the last minute.

"Yes sweetheart?" Y/N replied as she continued cleaning the house.

"There's smoke in the kitchen."

Y/N's head snapped up and she dropped the papers she was holding and dashed to the kitchen. She quickly opened the oven to see the food she'd been making for their breakfast was burnt. With a huff, she turned the oven off and opened a few windows.

The sound of crying led her into her bedroom where Y/S/N had just woken up. She carefully picked him up and rocked him gently in her arms to calm him.

Once he was calm, she got him and Y/D/N dressed. Y/N made sure the kitchen was clear before shutting the windows.

"I'm hungry, mommy." Y/D/N whined as she followed her mom outside, watching as she locked up the house and headed to the car.

"I know. We're going to have food out today." Y/N placed the baby in the car seat and secured the fastenings before doing the same with her daughter. Then she climbed into the drivers seat and started the engine, fastening herself in before setting off in search of food.

××××××××××××

Y/N pulled up outside a restaurant and hopped out of the car. She got Y/S/N out first and placed him in his stroller before helping Y/D/N out. She shut the car door and they made their way inside.

"Can I get toast? No, wait! Can I have waffles. Oh and syrup!" Y/D/N excitedly rambled on as they made their way inside and sat at a table.

Y/N shook her head in amusement. "You'll have what I get you."

A waitress soon came over and took their order before heading into the kitchen.

Unfortunately, Y/S/N started crying again and Y/N was quick to cradle him in her arms. He was hungry, like they all were. She continued to soothe him and after a while he finally stopped crying, just in time for the food arriving.

They all tucked in straight away, gladly filling their empty stomachs. Y/N reached for her bag to pull out some food for Y/S/N only to realise she'd left it in the car along with her phone and purse. She felt in her pockets and noticed her keys were missing too. 'Oh no.' she thought.

As Y/D/N finished her food, the waitress came back over to clear away the plates. Y/N stopped her in her tracks. "Excuse me. Sorry to be a bother but do you have a phone I could use, preferably a free one. I've accidently locked mine in my car with my money and keys."

The waitress smiled "One second." she headed into the back and returned a moment later with a phone in hand that she passed to Y/N. She then left her in peace to make a phone call.

Y/N thought for a moment before dialling a number and pressing the phone to her ear. After a few moments it was picked up.

"Hello?" a voice spoke on the other line.

"Hey, Jake. It's Y/N."

"Oh, hey babe. Why are you calling from an unknown number." her husband asked, confused.

"It's a long story but are you free at the minute?" she asked, hopefully.

"I'm just on my way to grab something quick for lunch actually. Why? Is everything ok?"

"It's a long story but I've, uh, locked the keys in the car and my bags in there with my phone and purse. I was just wondering if you could come help." she said in embarrassment.

Jake chuckled. "Sure. Where are you?"

She told him the address and hung up, waiting for him to arrive.

××××××××××××××

It didn't take too long before Y/N saw a car pull up outside. Jake got out and headed to the other car. Y/N stayed seated, not being able to leave without paying.

She watched as he began his efforts and swiftly retrieved the keys in a matter of minutes. He made sure both cars were properly locked up before heading inside. He looked around, spotting his wife, and headed over to her.

He placed the belongings on the table with a laugh before speaking. "Only you could lock the keys in the car."

"Hey! It's been a stressful day." She argued back.

"It's still only morning." He joked.

"Well, a lot can happen in that time. Especially with two kids and a load of work to do."

"Fair enough." He held his hands up in defence.

"Sorry, I'm just stressed. Thank you though. You're a life saver." she stood up and gave him a quick peck on the lips before getting ready to leave.

Jake headed over to the counter and paid for the food before grabbing a takeout meal for himself.

"Can we go now? Pleaseeee." Y/D/N whined, tired of waiting and just wanting to go play with her toys.

"I just need to pay the bill and then we'll go home sweetie. I promise. "

She was stopped in her tracks, however, by Jake. "I've already paid. Just get yourself home and try to relax. I'll help out when I get home tonight."

"But-"

"It's fine. Go home and relax." He reassured her. He gave her a quick kiss before saying his goodbyes to them all and heading off.

Y/N followed behind and headed home herself, hoping the day wouldn't get any more embarrassing or worse.

××××××××××××

(A/N) : This is just a quick one I wrote for fun but I hope you like it. Thank you for reading!