7《Jake

(A/N: This is part two to the last Jake imagine!)

48 hours. That's all it was supposed to be. Two days and everything would be back to normal. However, that wasn't the case. 48 hours turned into a week and truthfully the situation was getting worse for both of them. They called each other every night and continued messaging as much as they could.

It was night time at the moment and the now familiar routine went ahead as always. Y/N stopped what she was doing and picked up her phone with slight nerves. Although she would never admit it to him, she feared for his life that little bit more now under those circumstances. A sigh escaped her as his voice rang out on the other end of the line.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hey Babe. How are you both?" He replied as he took a seat on the quiet hallway floors.

"We're good like the last few times you asked." She giggled. "The better question is how are you?"

"I'm alright. You should really stop worrying so much. It's not good for you." He sighed.

"I'll do that when you're back home and safe. Anyway. How is it over there?"

"Not good. I don't want to-" Jake's voice was suddenly cut off.

"Babe? Jake? Jake, can you hear me?" Panic began to set in her tone. Y/N pulled the phone away from her ear to see the connection had been lost. She tried calling him back but was faced with the same result. Now she was definitely worried.

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢

Jake's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at his phone. He rushed to call Lex, who was quick to answer.

"What's going on?" Jake spoke, getting straight to the point.

"We had to cut phone connections for everyone's safety. Listen, come meet me at the containers. There's a hidden passageway for you to get through. I have some equipment for you and we'll have some time to discuss what's happening on both sides." Lex sighed.

"Fine."

"See you there in 5." The line went dead and Jake grabbed his gear and set off out.

He soon arrived to see Lex already waiting for him. He pushed over a box filled with extra equipment.

"So, how are things on your side?"

"They're no closer to finding a cure and the body count is going up each day. I'm loosing officers too. We're down to 7 now. Can't you send more officers over? " He answered.

"I'm sorry. The rule is no one in or out."

"Right. How are we supposed to update eachother when there's no longer phone service?" Lex could sense the rising of Jake's anger with each word he spoke.

"We'll meet here everyday at this time and update eachother and pass through supplies."

"Why does having a phone connection suddenly matter now?" Jake scoffed.

"People were spreading panic and that's the last thing we need. We want everybody to stay calm and to prevent anyone deciding to get in or out of the corden." Lex replied.

"What about those of us who have people outside the corden!? We-" he was cut off from his angered outburst.

"Calm down. I know how you must feel. You've got Y/N out here and I've got Jana in there. We just have to deal with what we've got." Lex sighed.

"Y/N's pregnant and I have no way of making sure she's ok and she has to go through that alone. What if she goes into labour. At least if I had cell reception I could be there with her partially."

"I'm sorry. Look, if it makes you feel any better I could check in on her once we're done here and whenever I have free time. She'll be fine though and you know that."

"Yeah, I know. I'll do the same for you with Jana. I just wish this was all over. I'm taking a long vacation after this." He said with a more calm tone.

"We all do so let's get this cure found. I best get back. I'll see you with an update tomorrow." Lex concluded as both men nodded a goodbye before exiting the container.

Jake headed back to the hospital a little calmer and with one thing on his mind. Y/N.

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢

A few days had passed and nothing was seemly better than it was before. People were growing more impatient and worried as time went on and especially now since the connections were cut. Jake had stuck to the plan of meeting up with Lex everyday and he was just heading to the containers as usual, unaware of what was about to face him. Inside was a police officer but not the one he had been expecting.

"Where's Lex?" Jake spoke with furrowed brows.

"He sent me in his place to inform you that your fiancée has gone into labour and that he's there with her." The officer answered.

"I need to get out. I need to be with her." He tried pushing his way past the man but was immediately stopped.

"You can't leave, Officer Riley. You know that."

"This is a completely different circumstance!" He raised his arms in annoyance.

"It's not safe. Do you really want to risk infection to her and your new baby? I know this isn't the best situation but the best thing for you to do right now is stay here and wait for any news and try to stay calm."

Jake wanted to argue and fight his way out but he knew that wasn't going to work so he defeatedly headed back to the
Hospital. 

><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

(A/N) : Hello. This chapter has been edited so that this will be a little bit of a longer part to the Jake imagine, which will be finished in the next Jake chapter. Thank you for reading.