Renae

A request from BunchOBalloons for y'all =) Just a note to Got_Destler, I'm going to have yours done in a little while, I promise. I do have an idea, but it's getting it on paper (or words to that effect) that I'm trying to figure out.

The house on the street stood quiet today. There was no music streaming from the open window of the music room, no singing in the parlour, or radios playing. It was so quiet, in fact, that the neighbours were beginning to wonder if the five men that supposedly lived there were even around anymore. Oh sure, they all saw the young woman walking up the drive, but most assumed she was either a social agent come to check that their 'disruptive behaviour' hadn't continued, or a lady come to stay the night. A nearby gardener pretended to continue watering his petunias, eyeing her suspiciously. Not many people would dare walk up that driveway, let alone knock on the door.

The door opened to that woman, Christine Daae the other side, and she stepped inside, taking off her jacket. It closed behind her, and most of the villagers sighed their remorse. She'd never make it out alive. The gardener returned to tending his flowers.

Christine, as the woman steps through the door: Renae! How wonderful to see you again!

Renae: Of course, Christine! It's been too long!

Christine: *smiles, closes the door and leads her old friend into the drawing room, where Raoul is brushing his hair through before a mirror.*
Renae, this is my boyfriend, Raoul. Raoul, this-

Renae, leaving her handbag on the table and seating herself: I see you still haven't cut your hair.

Raoul: *freezes and turns, ever so slowly, to face her*
*his mouth hangs open as he takes in the sight*
You... 

Christine: Erm... ok? Make yourself comfortable, Renae! Can I get you anything? Tea? Coffee?

A random voice from the side room calls through, spooking all three slightly: Tequila for me, dearest.

*A shadow falls over the table before Renae. She looks over her shoulder towards the door to see another man, a masked one this time, standing at over six feet. He notices her staring and cants his head.*

Kerik: Oh. I didn't realise we had guests.

Renae: You're the last person who'd be oblivious to a person's presence, Kerik, so don't lie.

Kerik: *takes a cautious step back, keeping his suspicious eye on her all of a sudden*
How do you know my-?

Christine: *walking back in with a cup of tea for herself and her friend*
Ah! Kerik!
*she sets the tea down on the table*
Do me a favour and tell the others not to disturb us?

Kerik: *eyes Renae warily and takes a wide berth around her*
Fair enough.
*disappears through another door past Raoul, ruining his hair with a sweep on his hand as he goes*

Christine: *taking a seat opposite Renae*
So, dear friend! What brings you here?

Renae: *sweeping her long, dark hair back with a smirk and a shrug*
Can a friend not pay a kind visit to another friend?

Christine: *opens her mouth to reply, but the thundering of feet cuts her off and the door opens to reveal a very slick Merik, who walks in 'not noticing' the guest*