The Piece That Doesn't Fit The Jigsaw

Lerik:  It's an unholy mess of literature.

Merik: Cherik's face makes more sense than this!

Gerik: I've sang better than you write.

Kerik: It's wrong. All. Wrong.

You guys are REALLY harsh critics, sheesh!

The four, in unison: We are.

Cherik: I thought it was kind of funny....

The others: *glare at him*

Kerik: *kicks him in the shin*

Merik: Don't encourage her!

So I was trawling through Porcelain Mask because I just needed to find a chapter/scene I wasn't going to be using (interference with reader count and whatnot) so I could make sure the casting list was ok on the app (it's fine, we is all good!) But the thing is, the piece I used - which is not, and I won't relent that decision, going in the book - did make me smile. So instead of letting it fade away into oblivion-

Merik: Please no.

I thought I would do it justice-

Lerik: Philippa-

If I may shared it here??

Every Phantom ever created: OH MY LEROUX, NO!

So, just to spite these guys, I copied and pasted it here! That way, you don't have to read a completely useless scene in the middle of Porcelain Mask where it doesn't fit the context or storyline anymore (I changed A LOT of the plot after I wrote this bit. It's hard to imagine there was a time when I didn't even have a Jeremy Desrosiers, which is when this was written. I've definitely progressed in my writing since then!).

Kerik: *actually freaking cries*

~•~•~•~■~•~•~•~

Christine Daaé had, in short, rearranged the Prima Donna dressing room in half an hour. I took it all in as she fiddled with an especially glittery pair of earrings.

"Nice mirror," I commented, trying to push the conversation into a steady flow. She glanced at me in her vanity table mirror, still working the pin of an earing into place.

"It is, rather, isn't it?"

I smiled and set down my needlework. "Miss Daaé?"

"Yes, Madmoiselle de La Chance?" she answered with a slight blush, probably not used to the formalities. I nodded towards the mirror as I stood.

"Might I try something?"

"With the mirror?" She furrowed her brow as she continued to prod at her ears. "I don't see why not. Though I don't see why either."

I smirked as I paced over to it. The glass was cold from being in the room so long and the old carvings were somewhat chipped. Laying one hand against the glass, I hooked my fingers between it and the wooden frame. Erik could be so obvious at times. Normal mirrors did not have secret handles on them, tucked back behind the frame.

Christine slapped a hand over her mouth, stopping a horrified exclaim as I yanked at the glass pane. It slid back from the rest of the mirror easily, revealing a long passageway. Still grinning, I stuck my head inside.

"Angel of Music," I shouted into the darkness, "hide no longer. Get your backside up here, Angel!"

A hand grabbed into my shoulder and tugged me away. A horrified Christine, stared between my smile and the passageway, not knowing what to believe first.

"Idiot," she hissed. "You could have broken it! We'll be in such trouble!"

"To the stage, Madmoiselle Daaé!" a stage hand called, rapping on the door.

"Merci," she answered loudly, before turning back to me. "Throw a rug over it!" she hissed, rushing back to the vanity table. "I don't believe it! You mean to say you knew about this... this passage all along? And you never told me about it? Think of all the adventures we could have had, Nikki!"

I grinned even more. "I'm sure you'll have an adventure in there one day. For now, go and sing your pretty little heart out!"

Christine shot me a nervous glance, but she hurried over to the door and sped out as fast as possible. I glanced back at the mirror. I shouldn't, I knew that. But the temptation was too great!

"Erik!" I yelled down the passageway, poking my head back into the darkness. "When I call, I expect an answer! You'll be explaining this later, young man!"

Right on cue, a familiar humming began to echo down towards me, reluctant and awkward. I smiled at my triumph and conducted with my fingers.

"I'll see you later, Phantom boy," I called to him, pulling away to slide the mirror shut.

~•~•~•~■~•~•~•~

So what do you-
*is tackled to the floor by thirty Phantoms, each trying to be the one to strangle her for this*