Chapter 1: Choosing Your Starter

You couldn't believe it.

You were finally eighteen.

Today was the day you would get your very first Pokémon.

Of course, most people got their starter when they turned ten, but your mom was pretty overprotective of you. She had made you wait until you were eighteen to get your first starter. You had been kind of angry that she made you wait so long, but it's not like any of that mattered anymore, because you were finally getting a Pokémon.

You slipped on a comfortable t-shirt, and your favorite pair of shorts, and ran out of your bedroom. "Not so fast!" Your mom said. She handed you a plate of pancakes, which you quickly wolfed down. "Did you sleep well last night?" She asked. "Yep," You lied. You could barely sleep at all last night because you were so excited.

"Before you leave, I want you to take this," Your mom said, handing you a 5,000 Pokédollar bill (About $50.00). "Thanks mom," You said, and gave her a hug. You grabbed your bag and rushed out the door. You ran to Professor Kukui's lab, eager to get your first Pokémon.

When you walked inside, your friend, Hau, was already there. He was holding a Popplio and talking to a girl with blonde hair. "Welcome, I'm Lillie, Kukui's assistant!" The girl said. "He should be back any moment now." Lillie continued.

Sure enough, Kukui ran through the door, with his Rockruff chasing him. "Woo! We gotta do that again some time!" He said to his Pokémon. "Anyways, [y/n], it's time to choose a Pokémon!" He said, facing you now. He took out two Pokéballs, and opened them up. "Um... Professor? Isn't there supposed to be three Pokémon?" You asked.

"Sorry, I should have let you choose first, especially since it's your birthday..." Hau apologized. "But this guy was just so cute!" He said, holding up his Popplio. "I can put him back if you really want him..." Hau sadly said. You replied, "No, it's alright, you can keep him if you really want him." Hau had been nice enough to wait to get his Pokémon, even though he could've gotten it back when he turned ten. It only made since to let him choose first.

You looked at the remaining two Pokémon. Kukui explained, "The black one is called Litten, and it evolves into Incineroar! Littens can be a bit stubborn at first, but if you raise them right, they are incredibly loyal and fearless. And the orange Pokémon is called Rowlet, and it evolves into Decidueye! Rowlets are extremely friendly, and adorable as well." You wanted to pick Litten, because it looked so cool. But you didn't think you had the time or patience to raise such a majestic creature. You decided to pick Rowlet instead because it was so adorable.

Kukui gave you your Rotom Dex, and took you to Route 1 to show you how to catch a Pokémon. After he was done, he gave you ten Pokéballs. You ran around in the grass and found a Grubbin. "Be careful, so we can catch it," You said to your Rowlet. But Rowlet was still inexperienced, and landed a critical hit, making the wild Pokémon faint. "It's alright, we'll catch the next Pokémon," You said to your disappointed Rowlet.

You caught a Rockruff, a Pichu, and a Growlithe, and took your team to the Pokécenter on Route 2 to get some rest. You entered Verdant Cavern, ready to begin your first trial. It consisted of defeating a bunch of Rattata. You entered a mysterious room, and grabbed a z-crystal off of the pedestal. The ground around you began to shake, and the biggest Gumshoos you had ever seen appeared.

Rowlet kept on tackling it, but it wasn't enough to defeat this monstrous beast. The totem Pokémon got angry, and attacked Rowlet, making her faint. Eventually, Rockruff defeated the Gumshoos, by using rock throw. You grabbed the z-crystal, and ran away before any other Pokémon could attack.

(Sorry, I know it's pretty boring right now, but things are going to get way better in Chapter 3 when I add Colress to the story. I hope you enjoyed!)